Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Cape

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/21/05 7:01 AM
Last Updated:2/8/05 8:39 PM

Ann Smith said... (3/29/06 5:55 PM) Reply
Mompea, Thank you so much. I am 5'3" tall.
mompea said... (3/28/06 11:06 PM) Reply
This is an absolutelt beautiful cape. I have been thinking about making one for myself-I drool over the capes advertised in Yankee magazine. Can I ask how tall you are? I'm jusy curious to estimate the length of your cape on someone my height.
Annette H said... (2/17/05 5:49 AM) Reply
Thanks for a very helpful review - your cape is soooo stylish.
Diane Tucker said... (2/9/05 2:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful cape, and you look so elegant wearing it too !
JDpenelope said... (2/9/05 12:52 PM) Reply
What a great cape. Aren't you glad your fleece one wore out? I admire your pluck, cutting and slashing your way through your beautiful success!
Astrostitcher said... (2/9/05 6:46 AM) Reply
Good for you Ann! You're right that this type of poncho-cape really doesn't need a pattern and it is a very useful and always elegant garment. An opera cape or hooded cape is a bit more work but not much. I just made a black hooded wool Lord-of-the-Rings type cape for my goth son and saved over $100 on a similar RTW. On the LOTR site there are a few pages about how to make capes with lined hoods and other details. PS - beware that for mohair, cashmere, other very soft goat wool the quality of the fibers is affected by the dye bath. I've found that light or neutral colors are the softest-feeling. I'd go with the feel rather than the color if I could.
Kathy Russell said... (2/9/05 0:28 AM) Reply
I love your review. Your ca[e is very elegant. I have been wanting to make a cape but every time I've gone to purchase a pattern part of me thinks i really shouldn't need a pattern. I just bought and am making the ks 3305 but in a blanket fleece and sure hope they don't go out of style anytime soon because i really want one in cashmere and to make for gifts for the women in the family next x-mas. Thanks for reviewing this.

Pattern Work