Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3786 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:Bendy

About Bendystar
Member since: 1/28/12
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:1/22/13 2:40 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

BlueSkysAhead said... (2/19/13 3:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. With your issues of cutting wrong. Been there done that. Don't give up, maybe you can add a solid to make it a bit longer? Take the sleeves off and add it to the bottom? My methods probably make a seamstress cringe, but if you look close to RTW, you will love your own sewing!
Bendy said... (1/22/13 4:29 PM) Reply
Thanks! I'll look into that pattern, I like to keep a list going for when JoAnns puts them on a 99-cent sale! Sadly, this one will never be finished, or wearable.
Jaknan said... (1/22/13 4:22 PM) Reply
I think your blouse is beautiful but I'm sorry about the pain it was to finish. If you like this style, Simplicity 2365 is a similar pattern you might like to try. I've made several and there are lots of reviews about it. Two of them were practically taken off my back by a friend!
Bendy said... (1/22/13 3:58 PM) Reply
It was weird, I checked the finished garment measurements, and there was lots of room inside for me to get it on and off, the problem was where the sleeve met the shoulder, I couldn't get the pieces to meet. From the collar, there is the first front piece, which was not long enough to meet the back, that is sewn to the second front piece, which was long enough. The piece I added was to bridge the gap between the first front piece and the collar, it just wasn't long enough on either side of the front. Bummer!
BillieJean said... (1/22/13 3:08 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. If you were having to "add pieces" maybe you used the wrong size. I agree it is beautiful fabric.

by: divabuddha