This was a fairly quick and fun little top to make. It was a little scary for a moment or two when I started sewing it together, it looked like it was going to be huge! But after trying it on I could see where it was going. The directions were simple and straightforward. The only thing I did differently was to skip any and all bias taping, and just folded the neck collar and front sides twice before stitching. I also put the ties on when I stitched the bottom pieces on, it just seemed to make sense. The only bummer of the situation is that my fabric was at the end of a bolt (from Walmart) and some of the printed on design was unavoidable no matter which way I arranged the pattern pieces, so there are two smudges on the upper front. But I think this piece is so cute, I’ll make it again with something else. I managed it with one yard of 45” wide regular ole cotton, and cut a size 10.