Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6115 (Toddler Dress)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:6/12/13 12:42 PM

New Look: 6115 by Deepika  New Look: 6115 by Deepika
See other patterns in this category: Toddlers
ChromaWhite said... (1/8/15 1:55 PM) Reply
Hi it looks wonderful. I am searching for a dress for my 3 yr old to be used as an every day easy to wear dress. I have some great fabrics ready to go and this looks like it might fit the bill.
workinonit said... (7/7/13 5:37 AM) Reply
I have a 'narrow' daughter and getting patterns that work are a nightmare. I agree with Adaire. i have tried a lot of patterns from most companies and they are huge on my daughter [plus she is tallish]. I find they are too wide and there is too much ease. its a beautiful dress but how many parents have 7 hrs to spend on a kids dress! even if it is a special one. more than 2 hrs and we dont have the time. hang in there. next time, buy a cheap cotton [that she will wear] and at least you will hve soemthing for her to play in the yard in rather than a muslin. and make all those construction shortcuts that you would for yourself. she will still love it. if you can get to the sewing machine not tired with a 2 yr old, you are doing very well. i have 6 yr old twins, so if its not fabulous and fast, its not sewn. thanks for the honest review.. it will help me and many others
VivianZ said... (6/17/13 8:20 AM) Reply
Well, in spite of your reservations, I think it is as cute as a bug. Don't give up on this pattern, as it looks very comfy for summer, and a great play dress.
Deepika said... (6/14/13 11:22 AM) Reply
Thank you all for being so nice. I do love sewing for her and in fact I've dedicated the whole next week to mommy made clothes. I am going to dress her in only me-made clothes. I got this idea from the me-made-may.
ryan's mom said... (6/14/13 7:21 AM) Reply
I think it looks 100% cute on her! Still too big...I'm betting when she's 3 it's going to look 110% cute on her. I used to love sewing little girly clothes and wished my two boys came before my two girls so I would have had more time to do it. Not all bad because my boys loved the pants I used to make for them, but there are only so many times a mom wants to make elastic waist pull-on pants that make bathroom visits quick and easy lol.
kkkkaty said... (6/13/13 5:47 PM) Reply
well, I like it, but maybe because she's so cute!
grays08 said... (6/13/13 5:23 PM) Reply
This still looks so great on her despite the sizing woes! I appreciate the reviews on kid's clothes, because I do find more and more that the pattern companies neglect this area somewhat with finishings, designs, etc. I have a dress hanging in our closet that I'm hoping DD can wear this year that I made two years ago so I hear you! Sometimes it's just too painful to take apart!
marycds said... (6/13/13 1:06 AM) Reply
I'm using Oliver and S size 5 Gordon my GDaughter. Do you think this runs large enough that the size 4 would work. I love the style. Thanks!
Adaire said... (6/12/13 2:36 PM) Reply
She could wear a potato sack and look darling. My granddaughter is nearly 3 and measures 19 in the chest but is tall so I share your pain in getting things to fit! The pattern companies add way too much ease in kids clothes in my humble opinion.
cindyann said... (6/12/13 1:29 PM) Reply
That child would look good in anything. She's just beautiful!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/12/13 1:29 PM) Reply
What does she have on... ... ? Who notices ;D Darling toddler!! <3
slmstyle said... (6/12/13 1:16 PM) Reply
Adorable dress! I am sorry about the bad fit and all the time and effort you took to make it just to be dissapointed. I love the Pinterest inspiration dress; I think you should still try to re-create it as it would be SO cute on your daughter (but what isn't!)!

Sewing Workshop Hudson Top & Pants Pattern