Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1802 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:thecuriouskiwi

About thecuriouskiwistar
Member since: 4/21/09
Posted on:1/23/13 2:40 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

littlepinkkiwi said... (2/13/13 1:14 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for posting this review, and blogging too. Your comments and photo are really helpful. I love this dress and I'm dying to make it but I'll try it in muslin to see if I can overcome the problems first. I had a wee chuckle about your Global Fabrics shopping comments, I love that shop soooo much! I went to the Auckland branch last month thinking it would be better than Wellington but it wasn't. Wellington is the best :-)
ak21 said... (2/3/13 8:43 AM) Reply
i was hankering after this im not going to bother! thanks for the review - i think you have saved many a heartache.
Jessamaka said... (1/24/13 8:13 PM) Reply
That's really too bad, but I agree, sometimes you just need to cut your losses and move on.
ChristmasHills said... (1/24/13 1:28 AM) Reply
What a shame about your wasted fabric but glad to see on your blog that you bought some more. I think it is lovely. And what a very nice husband you have too. I'm sure the next dress will be fabulous.
thecuriouskiwi said... (1/23/13 9:23 PM) Reply
Sorry I have fixed the link, I should have tested it :/ Thank you for your encouragement. I'm glad I've moved on.I have enough fabric so that I can have a different dress pattern out of this beautiful print :)
facesunderwater said... (1/23/13 6:58 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear it. The last two tops I tried to make were epic fails. At least they were just muslin.
renren said... (1/23/13 5:48 PM) Reply
Curious kiwi, I tried to go to your blog but I got a 404. Well, I'm sorry you had such a difficult job with this pattern. That is so frustrating, especially after all that good work you did with the piping.

Lekala Patterns 4093