Pattern Reviews> Style> 1021 (1021 OOP)

Reviewed by:Harriet Rogers

About Harriet Rogersstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 9/13/02
Posted on:2/11/05 2:16 PM

Harriet Rogers said... (3/9/05 3:47 PM) Reply
Babydoll: the pockets are just set into the seams (like pant pockets) One piece on each seam: sew together. Super easy, and it turns out, they're warm, too! I used polar fleece on both sides, but there's no reason that you couldn't have one side the polar fleece and the other side, a lining fabric. I kind of like the fleece on both sides, and I didn't find it added any bulk. Looking forward to seeing your coat!
babydoll said... (3/8/05 2:25 PM) Reply
hello harriet thank you for posting this review - the coat looks fabulous. please could i ask what sort of pockets this coat has - are they in seam or cut into the front? i am keen to know how to make a nice pocket in a fleece material but can't find any information on this in any of my polar fleece books. regards ruth
Harriet Rogers said... (2/12/05 2:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments. Portia, I think Burda does have a coat that looks like this. The company, Style, was bought by Simplicity (or Simplicity owned it and closed it), but I do think some of their patterns are now part of Simplicity. Sewing Susan: I didn't explain this very well. Basically, I just folded the inside (the other color) to the outside twice to give the border a rolled look. Couldn't be easier. The other thing to to is roll an inch or more over and just turn under 1/4 of an inch. Looking forward to seeing some of your double-sided fleece made up!
AnneM said... (2/12/05 8:46 AM) Reply
Nice coat. I wonder if Simplicity has a vesion of this (since they picked up some of the Style patterns).
SewingSusan said... (2/12/05 7:31 AM) Reply
That is a lovely coat. I have oodles of double-sided fleece and I'd love to do something like this. What do you mean by "double-rolled"?
Ann Smith said... (2/11/05 7:55 PM) Reply
Great coat. You look so cozy and warm. Love the color on you.
CSY said... (2/11/05 5:01 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in that coat. I love it. The colors are beautiful.
drsue said... (2/11/05 3:43 PM) Reply
I love it!! I want one!!! So sad that Style is defunct. I loved their stuff.
Portia Hirschman said... (2/11/05 2:23 PM) Reply
Harriet: whose pattern is this? Looks like a Burda that I have. You did a great job!

You Can Make This Lily Bird Studio

by: busymomof3

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-142

by: pdiddly

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sewing Workshop West End Top & Pants