Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8691 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:kkkkaty

About kkkkatystarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 12/7/05
Posted on:1/24/13 11:53 AM

KarlaB said... (2/10/13 4:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
trifiss said... (2/2/13 11:22 PM) Reply
HI LynneH I took the seams in a bit as well and also narrowed the neck band. For summer I did short sleeves and scooped the neckline, it is so comfortable and always looks nice. Lynda
LynneH said... (1/26/13 9:13 AM) Reply
I just finished this pattern. Ended up taking in the seams quite a bit for a more fitted look. Now I love how it fits. Also changed the neckline and made the neck binding about half as wide. Have had lots of postive comments on this shirt. Love the colour of your shirt.
kkkkaty said... (1/25/13 4:30 PM) Reply
trifiss, thanks, omitting the ruffle is also a good idea, I may tackle this again...
trifiss said... (1/24/13 9:49 PM) Reply
I have made this pattern 4 times without the ruffles. I am only 5ft 1" and I get compliments all the time. I have made one with short sleeves and scooped out the back a bit - a real favourite. I wouldn't wear the ruffle as it accentuates the hips. Love it.
kkkkaty said... (1/24/13 7:16 PM) Reply
ok, duh... I didn't see that they were different lengths! Maybe I won't give up on this yet, but will try the shorter version. In general, I am impressed with K Tilton's patterns
jenleeC said... (1/24/13 6:56 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric! What a pity this one did not work for you. At least your dress form will be very stylish! Amanda, I am exactly 5'2" and the short version is a good length on me, sitting just below the butt!
Amanda.Claire said... (1/24/13 12:45 PM) Reply
Great review and insight. I have been looking at this pattern. I am 5 foot 2 and it might look a bit out of proportion. However, I saw this made up on a tall medium build lady and it was really cute.

No Pattern Used 000

by: lucylal

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sewing Workshop Salsa Blouse Pattern