Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2339 (Misses' & Miss Petite Shirts)

Reviewed by:MegWight

Last Updated:1/28/13 5:44 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
sewingcanary said... (8/4/13 12:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. Obviously, this is already a favourite of yours. I have just purchased this pattern and the reviews have been very helpful. There seems to be a consensus on the sleeve placket. I will do a proper one. Personally, I think there are better yoke treatments and this one would likely be confusing to a new sewer. I am going to make a double band because I don’t like the idea of folded interfacing. If you’ve never had interfacing shift or twist inside a band, you are in for a nightmare and big disappointment. Since you’ve already cut yours out, I would suggest top stitching to ensure the interfacing stays flat, especially if you want to wash and wear. I was impressed you took the time and trouble to support your lace. If mine’s a good fit, it will become my main pattern - one from which all others are made. When you get a good fit bodice and a clean sleeve and shoulder you are happy with, you can do anything - change collars, necklines, finishes etc. The fabric store said they’ve had good response to Simplicity’s Amazing Fit series. When I saw the nice shoulder, loose neckband and the C cup I was sold. I just don’t totally like some of their treatment. I am a traditionalist though. If I spend the time to make something, I want it to function and look nice, not have buggery sleeve openings and twisted interfacing etc. Good luck with your next ones. Will watch for your reviews.
charbroiled said... (2/28/13 4:03 PM) Reply
Great review - I'm just separating the tissue for this pattern today. I'll try the Threads placket method for sure. I'm using a brushed cotton plaid for this shirt - hope it behaves!
weekendstitch said... (2/11/13 6:56 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! And thanks for the tip about the sleeve placket.
MegWight said... (1/30/13 11:56 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone.
lamstu said... (1/30/13 3:31 AM) Reply
Such a pretty blouse.
GoodbyeValntino said... (1/29/13 8:58 PM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt!
BeaJay said... (1/29/13 1:39 AM) Reply
Love your top - looks great on you.
sewmaris said... (1/29/13 0:50 AM) Reply
Nice job Meg!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122

by: popo

by: cln

Sewn Square One Skirt Smarts Pattern

Sewn Square One Skirt Smarts Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)