Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6440 (Misses' Pants)

Reviewed by:JustineSewcountrychick

About JustineSewcountrychickstar
Member since: 3/5/10
Posted on:1/29/13 9:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Pattycrafty said... (7/9/14 9:49 PM) Reply
Thank you for the great details on your blog. I always would love to see what the company went through to make the photos on the pattern cover, because no way do they come out of the package anywhere neat the photo!
Oriel said... (6/26/14 5:43 AM) Reply
I've just finished a pair of these and agree with you about the pattern running big - ridiculously big. I found that because of this it made fitting very difficult - I ended up throwing away my first attempt and cutting new fabric a couple of sizes smaller. After doing this I did get a good fit and am pleased with the results. I wanted a pair of 50's cigarette trousers which were not skin tight and I got what I wanted but if you're looking for skintight trousers then this is probably not the best pattern.
halleyscomet said... (1/30/13 8:43 AM) Reply
I have had that pattern for awhile now. So many patterns don't come up high enough so these may fit me pretty well. I like the seam down the back. I think with short legs it makes your legs look longer. You did a great job and nice fit too.
Rhey said... (1/30/13 3:04 AM) Reply
I have a pair of these half done right now, I hope mine wind up looking this good. I hadn't realized that the back leg seam was a '90s thing, I think it helps visually lengthen the legs from the back.

Ottobre Design Magazine 03-2011-19