Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Lazy Daisy (Lazy Daisy)

Reviewed by:lyndle

About lyndlestar
Member since: 3/19/06
Posted on:5/29/13 5:35 AM
Last Updated:5/29/13 5:40 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

AllNewtoMe said... (6/8/13 10:31 PM) Reply
"In order to fit me and make it suitably frumpy for my comfort zone..." Oh that is really funny! I like the dress, it looks like a great summer dress.
waikikimum said... (6/3/13 3:29 AM) Reply
Your dress is very pretty and exactly the kind that I need for the hot summer. I love cotton lycra and have used it so many times for dresses,leggings,skirts etc.
aleah42 said... (6/2/13 8:27 PM) Reply
I'm glad this worked out so well for you - I made this pattern up recently and it was a total wadder! I agree that the shoulder inserts make no sense. I folded mine the opposite way (short-wise instead of long-wise), and that made the length of elastic fit, but it was so close to the width of the bodice shoulders that there was hardly any gathering. I have no idea what was intended there. I also agree that 3/4 inch is too much overlap on the raw edges, my fabric flopped over too. Well saved on your part!
Dee2 said... (5/31/13 8:38 AM) Reply
Great dress--looks very pretty on!
Lynmarie said... (5/29/13 7:17 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review and the heads up on the print of the fabric if not double sided, your version looks great.
lyndle said... (5/29/13 6:50 AM) Reply
You're so nice Karla. Hmm, how do you think I "worked out" the notch thing?
Karla Kizer said... (5/29/13 6:01 AM) Reply
Your dress has exactly the right amount of ease and looks wonderful, even after the changes you had to make. Thanks for a very helpful review. I would have notched the CF of that skirt, for sure, and wound up with a nicked ruffle.

by: balrojka