Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5857 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:grays08

About grays08starstarstarstar
Member since: 9/13/11
Posted on:2/8/13 10:28 AM
Last Updated:2/13/13 1:06 PM
Butterick: 5857 by grays08
Butterick: 5857 by grays08 Butterick: 5857 by grays08

ArtAttack said... (2/13/13 3:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! And great review, too.
norie creates said... (2/13/13 1:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I have to have this pattern and I'll reference your detailed review as I sew!
Danvillegirl said... (2/9/13 10:50 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. Love your fabric
PattyE said... (2/9/13 10:32 AM) Reply
I've got this one in my lineup...I can only hope it looks half as good as yours does! I think this looks great on you...any slippage can be easily addressed with Hollywood Fashion might find you like the top more when it's secured.
velosewer said... (2/9/13 3:09 AM) Reply
I would have been dumbfounded with the finishes too. You've done a great job working out this top.
chenille said... (2/8/13 11:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for the detailed review.
AndreaSews said... (2/8/13 9:25 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful top and appears to fit you quite well. I understand the annoyance of a top falling off your shoulders - your fix for that looks like it will work well. Thank you for the thorough review, and please update and let us know if it grows on you and is comfortable to wear with your overlay fix. I hope it grows on you!
KensingtonCrab said... (2/8/13 6:38 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
Sue Parrott said... (2/8/13 5:35 PM) Reply
This looks great on you! I had the same issues with slippage on the shoulders and opted to put a tie at the shoulders. I work with young children and I just didn't want to be yanking it up all day long, if you know what I mean!
caper81 said... (2/8/13 4:51 PM) Reply
Your top is really beautiful! Looks great on you, and the fabric is something I would pick up for myself! ;)
CTBarb said... (2/8/13 11:22 AM) Reply
I think this is a stunning top. But the shoulder slippage would annoy me too. Hope the tacking works, because you look fantastic in it!