Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6571 (Misses' Tops and Pants)

Reviewed by:Lori9999

About Lori9999star
AZ United States
Member since: 12/6/12
Posted on:2/8/13 1:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
cleverkitty said... (2/9/13 10:46 AM) Reply
I can see how it sticks out whats confusing is it looks like mini cowl neck so it does not look out of place but I think it was suppose to lay flat. The color is very pretty. These are the clothes I end up cleaning the house in :)
PattyE said... (2/9/13 10:37 AM) Reply
I have this too and got it just for the neckline...a boatneck is usually flattering on me. I think it looks great on you...love the color.
Lori9999 said... (2/9/13 0:09 AM) Reply
Elona, I'm not sure why the pattern called for interfacing as I've never used it before on a "drapey" neckline, but thought they knew something that I didn't. I used Pellon "Sheer-Knit" interfacing as it was the lightest weight I could find. What I mean by sticking out is just that, instead of draping at the neckline, it sticks out away from my body (the picture doesn't show it very well). The finished product looks more like a neckline that doesn't fit correctly instead of a fashion detail...but like I said, maybe it's just me, as many others have liked the pattern.
mhoutz said... (2/8/13 5:48 PM) Reply
Elona, Ive made it twice, one without facing, one with...the facing one was much better! Sorry it didn't work for you, Lori...
Elona said... (2/8/13 5:08 PM) Reply
Gee, it looks VERY cute on you. What kind of 'stick out' is it that bothers you? But wait--why on earth did the pattern call for an interfacing of the facing on a drapy knit?
grays08 said... (2/8/13 1:20 PM) Reply
Lovely color and great top. Thanks for the info about the neckline. I have this on my list to make up soon and can see how this might stick out. I appreciate your review and the info!

by: Annette1