Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2154 (Misses/Petite Blouse, Skirt, Jacket and Cardigan)

Reviewed by:JetSetSewing

About JetSetSewingstar
Member since: 6/29/12
Posted on:2/9/13 12:03 PM
Last Updated:6/2/13 11:41 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Skirts

Amiejean said... (5/10/13 4:41 AM) Reply
Wow. It's a dream of mine to accomplish a jacket like this. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful accomplishment.
becca a said... (2/10/13 11:03 AM) Reply
Your Chanel jacket is beautiful. They are truly a labor of love! Your fabrics are lovely together. I am sure you will love wearing it.
JetSetSewing said... (2/9/13 6:31 PM) Reply
I got the trim at a shop in Paris, and while I was there met a male dressmaker who said he worked at Chanel. He and the saleswoman were gossiping in French about how much haute couture Chanel suits cost, and the start at 40,000 Euros, which is $65,000! So I didn't feel so bad having spent 100 hours on this jacket. I've seen the Chanel ready-to-wear jackets ($5,000+) at consignment shops, and they're not quilted like jackets made with this technique. So needless to say I'm pretty pleased with myself! But mostly I enjoyed the research and knowledge that came from working on this.
JetSetSewing said... (2/9/13 6:25 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies! I'll have to get my staff photographer/hubby to take a pic with me in it. I found the Chanel tweed at Elliottbermantextiles.com, and the lining on Emma One Sock. The chain is from beadaholic.com. I put together a pinterest page called "Make Your Own Chanel Jacket" with links to sites I used as research. Also posted info on this and another jacket on Craftsy.com under "tvjulie" since I was inspired to do the jackets after I took Susan Khalje's Couture Dress class on Craftsy.com. I HIGHLY recommend that class!
KathleenS said... (2/9/13 6:04 PM) Reply
It really looks the part! I like the way the tweed pattern ends up being diagonal on the sleeves (due to the kimono sleeves).
N_Vogue said... (2/9/13 3:12 PM) Reply
Stunning! All the details, the fabric took my breath away, the lining, etc. Just Stunning!!!
Re Becca said... (2/9/13 1:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty, I love your mix of colors. Totally gorgeous! I would love to see a shot of you wearing it.
slmstyle said... (2/9/13 1:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful work on your Chanel jacket! I'm sure it took a lot of time and attention to detail to do, but the results are really lovely and couture. And the fabric...swoon! Where did you get the Chanel tweed, are the materials and notions all from eBay?

by: anniemolli...