Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7735 (Coat, jacket)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:2/9/13 1:30 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Debbie Lancaster said... (2/12/13 8:22 PM) Reply
Beautifully done. Fits as well as any Downton Abbey coat could possibly fit, and it's NOT over fitted (see the fitting discussion posts for the explanation of those comments). Congratulations!
simplystitches said... (2/12/13 9:57 AM) Reply
Barb that looks fabulous! The fit is spot on and the detail to the finishes make a simple coat spectacular! Well done. Now throw a party.
Margaret said... (2/11/13 12:09 PM) Reply
Wow, this coat looks great! Really nice fit and I LOVE all the buttons!
Vintage Joan said... (2/10/13 11:29 PM) Reply
Wow -- gorgeous, impeccable work. I agree with Nancy, this is advanced level work.
lamstu said... (2/10/13 9:09 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat! You should be proud of your accomplishment.
2 Airedales n Me said... (2/10/13 10:55 AM) Reply
I am in AWE. This coat looks like a million bucks on you! It looks like fine RTW in the $1000+ range. It truly is a gorgeous thing, fits so well and just smacks of good taste and style. Well done! (I can't believe you even matched up the lining pieces - I love those surprise linings). Amazing and wonderful.
chenille said... (2/10/13 10:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous inside and out! Definitely deserve a party for this one. Thanks for all the pictures and details! Such a perfect fit - congrats again :)
becca a said... (2/10/13 10:31 AM) Reply
What a fabulous coat! You did an amazing job with the fitting and top stitching. I love your method for bound buttonholes. I will have to try that soon.
GoodbyeValntino said... (2/10/13 7:49 AM) Reply
That is one great coat! I feel like flying to MN and throwing a party for you! I also looked at all of the pictures. Bravo!
susanbanks said... (2/10/13 3:23 AM) Reply
Love the lining, I wasn't expecting that as I scrolled though the photos. Amazing coat. Well worth the effort.
21wale said... (2/9/13 8:57 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful coat, especially the back view, strangely enough. The back looks so trim and neat. Very nicely done! No doubt you'll have many more chilly days to make use of it!
Sue Parrott said... (2/9/13 8:36 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow! This is so beautiful! Great workmanship!
Barbara V said... (2/9/13 8:31 PM) Reply
Congratulations on a wonderful project! Fun to read your review and follow along. Maybe you received the stink-eye from your family a time or two, but I bet you gained much personal satisfaction and reward from the adventure! Looks great on you!
SavageCoco said... (2/9/13 7:30 PM) Reply
Outstanding! I'm thinking "cocktails" after this baby was finished! You rocked it!
nancy2001 said... (2/9/13 7:05 PM) Reply
Bravo! What an achievement --your coat turned out beautifully and you learned an amazing amount. Congratulations on creating a true sewing masterpiece. This is definitely advanced level sewing.
sew2little said... (2/9/13 6:28 PM) Reply
Congratulations--what an accomplishment. We are moving to colder climes in a year or so, and I already have my fabric ready for a coat. Yours will be my inspiration. You achieved great fit!
Renata said... (2/9/13 5:27 PM) Reply
10,000 photos but I bet it looks even better IRL. Totally amazing.
Immelu said... (2/9/13 3:32 PM) Reply
FANTASTIC COAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!
cleverkitty said... (2/9/13 2:45 PM) Reply
Great Review and yes it's black LOL which makes for a handsome classic coat but with so much style. The cuffs are my favorite along with the back tab belt. The fit could not be better. Time to change your skill level to advance, so much went into this coat you can't see. Love all the pictures too. I am Happy with your achievement too :) ps:the bound buttonholes is so much easier the way you did it.
SewWil said... (2/9/13 2:32 PM) Reply
Definitely throw a "coat is done" party! You deserve it! Your coat looks wonderful. I love everything about it. Great job!
Jrhee said... (2/9/13 1:50 PM) Reply
WOW!! This is an amazing coat!!! I'd endure many stinkeyes if this is the result!
ArtAttack said... (2/9/13 1:46 PM) Reply
OOOH! You DO deserve a completion party! What a fabulous coat...inside and out. Super great reveiw, too. Dang, I wish it was cold enough here to warrant that time investment. You will have this for years to come. Fits you like a glove! Great work!
rutaliet said... (2/9/13 1:41 PM) Reply
BTW, waiting to see the motorcycle jacket version. You MUST make one.
rutaliet said... (2/9/13 1:41 PM) Reply
Oh, yours is so much nicer than the pattern photo. What a GREAT looking coat. You did such a fabulous job. All of the work shows !

Victory Nicola Paper Pattern