Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2013-127 (Top)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:2/10/13 5:47 PM
Last Updated:2/12/13 12:20 PM
Jstarr4250 said... (2/22/13 7:35 AM) Reply
Looks great in a solid color to show off the ruching. Glad you got the fit worked out- its a great style on you. I printed your review and stuck it in that Burda issue for when I get around to it.
grays08 said... (2/13/13 5:27 PM) Reply
I love it with the adjustment and am now wanting to do that to mine as my neck binding is also driving me nuts as it sags from being just too long when I applied it. I really like your neckline now and makes me want to change this when I make it again. Thanks for the update!
margy.64 said... (2/13/13 3:36 AM) Reply
Cute top. Love the colour.
SavageCoco said... (2/13/13 1:16 AM) Reply
Oh, well done. Much better!
ArtAttack said... (2/12/13 5:18 PM) Reply
Yep! Now you've nailed it! It looks so great on you...good work.
Nan Kay said... (2/12/13 3:28 PM) Reply
I didn't think the neck looked bad , but it really does fit you better after your adjustment. Really pretty top too.
redrockcity said... (2/12/13 2:50 PM) Reply
It looks great! I agree that going down one size might make you a little more comfortable with the neckline. Very flattering either way though!!
chenille said... (2/12/13 2:17 PM) Reply
Looks great, nice save!
said... (2/12/13 12:33 PM) Reply
I now have narrow shoulders since my swimming "career" ended...every top I make I add to the neckline an inch or so. I made this one with enough to meet up with a turtleneck collar. Lovely pattern though! And great job reworking it.
Margaret said... (2/11/13 12:13 PM) Reply
Great top! I've found with the too-long sleeves, if they are made with negative ease they can be worn scrunched up and don't hang too long. Maybe that was what the pattern intended?
cleverkitty said... (2/11/13 10:02 AM) Reply
I know exactly what you mean about wide necklines. The cotton knit would be a shame to waste, the scarf does look good with it :)
Elke said... (2/11/13 7:41 AM) Reply
Very cute top! I think this style looks very good on you.
Amanda.Claire said... (2/11/13 7:23 AM) Reply
Cute top! I am about to download this top. I will keep in mind your review when I get around to making this. I am endowed with really small shoulders.
GoodbyeValntino said... (2/11/13 7:21 AM) Reply
Great top! I hope you'll make it again and detail your sizing adjustments once you get it perfected. This style looks great on you!
pdiddly said... (2/11/13 3:21 AM) Reply
Having just made this I am with you on your review comments - love the darker colour - I still want to make a black on when I find the right fabric
Levone said... (2/11/13 0:30 AM) Reply
Cute top! This is definitely on my list to make!
SewWil said... (2/10/13 10:59 PM) Reply
Cute top! I like it on you with or without the scarf. Great color on you.
Sue Parrott said... (2/10/13 9:25 PM) Reply
I really like this on you. Perhaps it is a tad too big, but it is all about how you like it to fit. I love the shoulders on you, super cute! Oh, and the scarf looks great too!
ArtAttack said... (2/10/13 7:40 PM) Reply
I'm with Coco...I just think it's too big. It's adorable, though, and sizing down will be killer. Cute color on you. I've toyed with dl'ing this's really cute.
SavageCoco said... (2/10/13 7:30 PM) Reply
Good review, thanks. I too, think this looks nice on you. I respectfully suggest perhaps it's a bit big. The pattern is for a very body conscious Tee, so may be cut a size smaller next time. And you're rockin' the FLOTUS shoulders!
mochalover said... (2/10/13 7:21 PM) Reply
I agree with squirrellypoo, I think the neck looks great. In fact, very cute top!
21wale said... (2/10/13 6:52 PM) Reply
I think it looks really nice. The shoulder detail is very appealing.
squirrellypoo said... (2/10/13 6:17 PM) Reply
Thanks very much for the review! I just traced this one today. The neck doesn't look overly low in the photo though? I think it looks great!

McCall's m6508