Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2447 (Men's Shirt, Vest, and Ties)

Reviewed by:mportuesisf

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

voet said... (3/7/15 5:48 AM) Reply
I have a student in my shirt class who is using this pattern. I went to the reviews because I agree with you, the instructions for the placket on the left front are really confusing. I am having my student scrap the instructions and follow a more conventional method for attaching the placket. It is interesting that other reviews of this pattern do not mention this. I wonder if some of them are making a plain front on the left side and skipping the placket altogether. Thank you so much for your review. I found it very helpful.
JETrinity said... (2/12/13 3:08 PM) Reply
You did a great job. So many people mess up on what side the laps over the other. "Women are right and men are wrong". The women wrap the right side over the left side.
craigrama said... (2/11/13 8:17 AM) Reply
Helpful review. Loved all the detail on your blog. Hooray for pictures!
pdiddly said... (2/11/13 3:40 AM) Reply
great job.
maenad said... (2/10/13 10:47 PM) Reply
I really love the pattern on this shirt, and I enjoy your blog. It nice to see other people suffer some of the same hiccups!
RadarRadiance said... (2/10/13 8:32 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on your shirt, this pattern is a great fit on you! Enjoyed readin your blog and steps in construction!