Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:MariannaSew2Pro

Other Projects by MariannaSew2Pro using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

bella.dani1 said... (5/18/14 9:00 AM) Reply
i love that skirt you paired it with! the top looks fantastic
FreyaStark said... (2/17/13 5:23 PM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me in a slouchy, bohemian sort of way. Re bra straps, may I suggest getting a strapless bra. I've just got one for the first time (to wear with a muumuu with shoulder straps) and it works remarkably well.
MariannaSew2Pro said... (2/17/13 3:55 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much! You've given me the confidence to go out and wear this with pride! Will definitely put in some strap guards.... seems very little extra time and a lot of time saved fiddling.
VivianZ said... (2/17/13 1:48 PM) Reply
I like your top in black. I always have the shoulder strap problem, so I just started making shoulder strap guards. Snaps and bias tape, it's easy. You can also buy them and just sew them in.
Fran G said... (2/17/13 9:03 AM) Reply
I like the look on you! When I made mine, I had to put tucks in the back...5/8" on each side. (total 1 1/4"). shoulder to hem.. to remove fullness and so it would stay up on my shoulders! French seaming was a challenge in the front areas so I used a regular seam on part and simply hand overcast. IMHO, think it's an easy style to wear but a hard style to make. Love the casualness of it..good look chic!
MNBarb said... (2/17/13 8:04 AM) Reply
I think this pattern should be voted the most difficult to wear. You've done a nice job with it and chose the proper fabric. It's very loose fitting and a challenge but you do look very good in your version.
kias2 said... (2/17/13 3:27 AM) Reply
It looks great on you, and I am sure you will wear it a lot. As for the bra straps showing, on mine ( yes, along with many others, I also have this top!) I have added those little ribbons with safety pins on the shoulder seam to hold in place. Works a treat.
ArtAttack said... (2/17/13 0:13 AM) Reply
I understand how you feel but it certainly doesn't look homemade to me. I've had this pattern a long while and have never felt called to make it. Yours is really cute.
Elke said... (2/16/13 8:30 PM) Reply
Looks very pretty on you and nice color choice!

by: Mahogany S...