Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1293 (Misses Jacket and Pants)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:2/17/13 3:09 PM
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
MNBarb said... (6/11/13 6:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I purchased this pattern recently (I like the pants, too) and always have problems with low armscyes. I will pay special attention to that area after reading your review. I love your green jacket. The seaming in the back looks nice in your fabric choice.
Athene said... (2/18/13 11:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful results and very flattering style on you. Thank you for the review.
1SewSweet said... (2/18/13 8:02 AM) Reply
Very nice!
VivianZ said... (2/18/13 7:27 AM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket, both made and on you. Nice job, and I love the placket fabric.
Nikki said... (2/17/13 6:57 PM) Reply
Thanks all! I didn't notice this pattern for a while either, I think because Vogue photographed it in white you so can't see the lines/detailing that are the best part of the jacket. SavageCoco, yes, it is only semi-fitted on me above the waist, but I prefer a bit of extra wearing ease in jackets. If I sew it again, I might take it in a bit at the shoulder, where it is causing slight drag lines.
BillieJean said... (2/17/13 6:36 PM) Reply
I haven't noticed the pattern either, but I love your jacket and its great lines.
Cuffs said... (2/17/13 6:27 PM) Reply
Wow, that looks gorgeous on you! Very classy, and the fit is just right.
carolynw said... (2/17/13 5:59 PM) Reply
Very nice work - your jacket is so perfect and looks great on you
SavageCoco said... (2/17/13 5:55 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, gorgeous work. I respectfully suggest perhaps it is too big a size on you, as my eye sees it. I love the color. Again, lovely, lovely work.
FreyaStark said... (2/17/13 5:28 PM) Reply
An intriguing pattern. Thanks for another detailed and useful review.
mm said... (2/17/13 5:07 PM) Reply
I didn't look twice at this pattern. Your version looks so much nicer than the pattern photo. I really like it.
said... (2/17/13 4:37 PM) Reply
I did not even notice that pattern, but I can see that it has some interesting lines and I appreciate your thorough and informative review. Your skills are excellent and the jacket looks great.