Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2013-127 (Traveller pants)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:2/22/13 5:47 AM
Last Updated:2/23/13 5:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
twinkle72 said... (4/26/13 4:33 AM) Reply
I love your version! I had decided to pass this pattern by, but now I am not so sure.
Lizzytish said... (3/16/13 10:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for a very detailed & helpful review. I was looking at the downloadable pattern yesterday; now I'll buy it for sure! I like your choice of denim; you did a great job sewing. Oh, and I really like your description for your sewing time!
Kayseri said... (3/5/13 1:59 AM) Reply
I love these pants. I'm very glad to hear they graded up successfully; the most interesting Burda pants always seem to stop at 42
arianamaniacs said... (2/24/13 6:36 PM) Reply
I ended up darting the sides where the waistband already had a seam. hot wash and now they fit great!
Gecko said... (2/24/13 5:54 PM) Reply
I'm so glad to see a review of these! I'd love to make a pair of these for spring and it sounds like we are similar sizes. I'm glad to see your success with grading up! Thanks for the review- these look great!
charid dawn said... (2/24/13 3:11 PM) Reply
Those are super cute. I want some just like them. I'd try shrinking them too or pair them with some taller contrasting boots.
Re Becca said... (2/24/13 10:22 AM) Reply
Very stylish! have been looking for something different and these are both different and stylish.
arianamaniacs said... (2/23/13 6:33 PM) Reply
Oh! I totally misread that in German. Thanks!
Nanax4 said... (2/23/13 6:24 PM) Reply
The trousers came out wonderfully. And good for you, up-sizing and having everything come out so nicely. I do get a little tired of people picking on Burda's instructions, though. The section you quoted actually says, "Stitch inside leg seams, turning hem allowances down to do so." Actually, quite clear, I think.
Margaret said... (2/23/13 1:23 PM) Reply
I too was very interested in this pattern and bought this issue partly because of it... very nice to hear so soon about how it's working for you!
squirrellypoo said... (2/22/13 5:35 PM) Reply
Very cool design and I'm glad you reviewed these. I'd love to see how they look on a non-model when you finish a non-muslin version!
Kathhhhhy said... (2/22/13 3:57 PM) Reply
I was very interested in these exact pants when I got my issue... and we are basically the same size it sounds like... I would love to see how they fit in some photos. This is such a helpful review... thanks!
arianamaniacs said... (2/22/13 9:53 AM) Reply
Working on that, I actually meant to keep this private until I got pictures, but I clicked on post too quickly :)
sewgirl101 said... (2/22/13 9:06 AM) Reply
I would love to see a picture.

More Knits