Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8742 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:CissieW

About CissieWstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 1/21/07
Posted on:2/23/13 11:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Danvillegirl said... (2/27/13 6:47 PM) Reply
I keep seeing this pattern made up and it is next on my list. Love both of your versions.
LauraHarkawik said... (2/24/13 11:51 PM) Reply
This has been on my list - I absolutely LOVE how you did this - never thought about color blocking it, beautiful job!
grays08 said... (2/24/13 8:24 PM) Reply
I simply love this - so classic! I've got to sew mine up, just haven't made it yet. Thanks for inspiring as always! : )
1SewSweet said... (2/24/13 12:36 PM) Reply
OMG I too am jumping on your bandwagon here! Love this and please don't be surprised when you see more of these! GREAT JOB!
becca a said... (2/24/13 10:49 AM) Reply
Both dresses are gorgeous!
CissieW said... (2/24/13 8:08 AM) Reply
This is a close fitting dress, so you might want to go down a size depending on the stretch factor of your fabric.
Fran G said... (2/24/13 7:08 AM) Reply
Love your dress,,so chic! Any sizing suggestions?
Eva Suzanne said... (2/24/13 2:23 AM) Reply
Very chic!
ArtAttack said... (2/23/13 11:00 PM) Reply
Oh, yeah! Love this with the contrast...very classy and I agree with everyone else, you are setting a trend here! I agree, the neckline needs to be lowered a bit and I will do likewise if I make this one again...super job!
AndreaSews said... (2/23/13 10:43 PM) Reply
Very beautiful, classic color combo. I think you will see others just like it now that you have inspired us all!
Pink Hollybush Designs said... (2/23/13 8:00 PM) Reply
I am going to have to put this one on the "to make" list as well! I never would have tried this if I hadn't seen it made up on you. I tried the Donna Karen cowl neck dress based on your recommendation and it is one of my favorites so I will give this one a try as well! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Lisa
mmcp said... (2/23/13 4:40 PM) Reply
This looks beautiful, I can't tell if it's navy or black and white, but it is so elegant. About to start this dress, thank you so much for the neck adjustment suggestion.
GoodbyeValntino said... (2/23/13 2:09 PM) Reply
How incredibly clever! Mind if I copy you again? :)
Gecko said... (2/23/13 1:21 PM) Reply
I love your color combo- great idea and great dress!
Jstarr4250 said... (2/23/13 1:14 PM) Reply
Brilliant! Removing the sleeves opens a world of options and using contrasting colors appears to be very slimming.
SewWil said... (2/23/13 12:31 PM) Reply
Classic black and white with a modern twist. I love it! You may be inspiring a few of us with this dress.
mimi g. said... (2/23/13 12:15 PM) Reply
I love this! thanks for the inspiration I may just need to pull this out ;-)

by: chuichoy