Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 304975-1000 (Milena Bella 101)

Reviewed by:Milenushka

About Milenushkastar
ISRAEL
Member since: 8/17/12
Posted on:2/23/13 2:48 PM
Last Updated:2/23/13 5:29 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Milenushka said... (3/1/13 6:09 AM) Reply
Thank you all for commenting. prostheticsgirl- I have seen that pattern after finishinf the dress, and yes it is a good one. But if you already have a pencil skirt pattern (fro, another set) and a kimono sleeve top- it's an easy mix. Actually once you've seen the shape of the komono sleeve, it's not a big deal to draft it. I do have a lot of patterns in my stash, but find it easier (fitwise) and more inspirational to play with slopers, and already tested patterns. caper81- you welcome! I love Connie Long's book (have bought it in a PDF version from the threads's site, and I wish there would be more books on the subject of lining, attaching it and cetera. We have so many basic instruction's books , but when it comes to lining- it's assumed you know how to make it.. NJcowgirl- thank you! I like my little hand stitching, it feels more personal :)
NJcowgirl said... (2/24/13 11:17 AM) Reply
Wonderful job on drafting your own pattern. The photo of the lining--you sewed it beautifully.
caper81 said... (2/24/13 7:25 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress :) Turquoise is such a beautiful colour! Thanks for referring to Connie Long, I just placed a hold on her book on sewing linings from my local library. :)
prostheticsgirl said... (2/23/13 10:25 PM) Reply
I have to agree with you about the inspiration dress: the front is gorgeous and classic and the back is a total disaster. Congrats on drafting your own pattern! That is not my strength and I'm always impressed when others do so with such great results. For those of us less brave (or less talented) than you, Butterick 5851 is very similiar. I honestly hadn't given the pattern much thought until your review, but I like your dress so much that I may have to buy it!

by: grays08