Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 113 (Sunny's Top)

Reviewed by:TinaLea

About TinaLeastar
United States
Member since: 11/8/07
Posted on:2/28/13 8:58 PM

Dr. P. said... (9/26/13 11:23 PM) Reply
The review and the photos are very helpful - thanks!
Lou03 said... (9/14/13 0:58 AM) Reply
What a terrific (very helpful) review and you look fantastic in it. Nice job!
RoseOK said... (8/22/13 10:40 AM) Reply
Great review. I need my kids to help me get on Flicker so I can post my reviews.
retrac said... (4/19/13 3:14 PM) Reply
I hav had this pattern for awhile I also have been looking for the perfect 4 fabrics I think I will follow your idea and use 2 colors but hopefully at least one stripe! Thanks for a great review full of tips for success.
Judy Kski said... (3/28/13 1:59 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and have added a Post-It Note with your review URL on it so I can refer back to your great review. Love all the tips and pointers, but most of all, the knit top!
idesign said... (3/5/13 5:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful top and great review! Now I need to put this pattern on my wish list.
TinaLea said... (3/3/13 1:38 AM) Reply
Hi SavageCoco, I bought the fusible bias tape at the Sewing Expo here in Minneapolis, but just checked and you can buy it online from Lyla Messingers website, www.ljdesignsonline.com . I hope that's ok to put a website address in here! You can buy the staytape in black or white, in regular weight or superfine, and in bias or straight - 8 options total. Hope this helps - I hate paying shipping, but know I save at least $50 everytime I keep myself from going into the fabric store for some small notion, because I ALWAYS walk out with a couple pieces of fabric as well!
SavageCoco said... (3/2/13 11:02 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first review! Where oh where did you find fusible bias binding?! I must have this product!
Patricia from Rose Manor Farm said... (3/2/13 0:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and suggestions. I just bought this pattern today. I have been looking for four coordinating fabrics, but love what you did with two.
Mermie said... (3/1/13 12:08 PM) Reply
Great review & I love your top!
jadesabre9 said... (3/1/13 7:35 AM) Reply
This top is super cute - I love the colors you chose! I have also used tissue paper and stay tape in the same fashion that you used the stitch witchery, to prevent the rippling of seams on knits. Nice job and thanks for the review!
Pj3g said... (3/1/13 7:13 AM) Reply
Wonderful review and very cute top!!!
Danvillegirl said... (3/1/13 5:30 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. Great looking top.
PattyGee said... (3/1/13 0:45 AM) Reply
Tina Lee what a great First Review! I have this pattern and I will check your review for all of your tips. Thank you, your Sunny's top is so nice, can't wait to see your dress.
TinaLea said... (2/28/13 9:02 PM) Reply
Thanks Ladies - I've lurked on this site for the past few years, figured it was time I started contributing the reviews I so love to read before I sew up a new pattern! Patti - I'll post the column dress when I get it made, hoping to have done before April 1st............yikes!
bluefly said... (2/27/13 9:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have the pattern and look forward to sewing it. I love reading reviews on Silhouette patterns.
JEF said... (2/27/13 8:54 AM) Reply
Agree, excellent review - thank you!
PattiinATL said... (2/27/13 6:41 AM) Reply
Tina Lee, great review, thanks for the tip on the stitch witchery. My next Sunny's top is going to be light stretchy rayon knit, so that's very helpful. and I looked up the Anthropologie column dress. LOVE. If you make the dress, please post it and how you changed it to make a dress. I want to copy you!

Burda 8358