Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5818

See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates

egreen42 said... (4/13/15 6:46 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
ak21 said... (5/18/14 1:27 PM) Reply
dear me, how on earth did i miss this post - sensational dress!! :)
HolleyM said... (9/29/13 0:06 AM) Reply
I think you're ready for Project Runway, with the unusual materials challenge! Be proud you were creative enough to see a dress in a shower curtain and use sheets to line it! Thanks for the info on how to line it, also.
sewnotwork said... (9/27/13 2:41 AM) Reply
Shower curtain? Awesome dress. I would call that a win!!
o3b said... (9/19/13 4:06 PM) Reply
Fabulous job, and what a great print placement.
HRigg said... (9/16/13 1:06 PM) Reply
Just fantastic!
Kohl said... (9/16/13 12:04 PM) Reply
fabric pattern placement came out great! Very clever and it looks good.
Judy Kski said... (9/16/13 9:49 AM) Reply
What a great find at Marshall's and ultimately a beautifully fitting dress for you.
becca a said... (9/15/13 11:49 AM) Reply
I love that you used a shower curtain for this! Your dress is beautiful, and I love the placement of the large motif.
imsewcrazy said... (9/14/13 9:53 PM) Reply
Very beautiful! I love the placement of the print!
slmstyle said... (9/14/13 4:41 PM) Reply
Great shower curtain dress! Congrats on a job well done & for thinking outside of the box!
cindyann said... (9/14/13 2:47 PM) Reply
carolynw said... (9/14/13 2:45 PM) Reply
I love your dress - hours you spent agonizing about placement were well spent as I do not think the motif could be better placed. I smiled at the fct that this is from a shower curtain and you should be so proud of seeing the possibilities in that.
carnelian said... (9/14/13 1:09 PM) Reply
Wonderful placement of your floral print! Your face and neck look like the tallest flower in the bouquet.
Flying Seamstress said... (9/14/13 11:51 AM) Reply
Your dress is stunning & the print placement could not be more perfect!
Sue Parrott said... (9/14/13 10:19 AM) Reply
Oh, I love your dress and made from a shower curtain? Brilliant!!!! Well done!
mnitts said... (9/14/13 10:06 AM) Reply
Wow. Gorgeous and imaginative! Lovely.
prostheticsgirl said... (9/14/13 9:13 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all your kind comments! I do love this dress and wear it often. Luckily no weird reactions so far HAHA. It fits me well and I've been considering a second version in black dupioni for officiating weddings. I think on future versions, I'll change the back slit to a vent, but given my fabric restrictions, it wasn't really an option for this one.
Danvillegirl said... (9/14/13 8:58 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous dress! You were very creative in using a shower curtain and to make the placements on the fabric perfect! Great job! I have this pattern and made a dress sometime ago but you have inspired me to pull this one out and give it a go again.
chenille said... (9/14/13 8:51 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job with the print placement. Outstanding!
Jstarr4250 said... (9/14/13 8:41 AM) Reply
Seriously...a shower curtain??!! I love the way you think! This turned out beautifully and I think it's safe to say no one would guess that in a million years. Just beautiful.... I thought I was through buying sheath patterns but the neckline on this one is too cute to resist. Thanks for the great inspiration.
grey ann said... (9/14/13 8:31 AM) Reply
You look stunning! Fabulous dress, and perfect use of the large print. Bravo.
Dianne22 said... (9/14/13 8:25 AM) Reply
What a great dress and very clever to use a shower curtain. One never knows where inspiration will strike! Good job fitting and matching, too.
Carol Mendoza said... (9/14/13 8:10 AM) Reply
Wow, this is fantastic. The fit, fabric...all is spot on.
1SewSweet said... (9/14/13 6:10 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone here, great dress and idea too! It looks stunning on you!
sewpelican said... (9/14/13 5:06 AM) Reply
Lovely "shower curtain" dress, fabulous print! Reminds me of the type of dress I used to wear in my 20s, sooo long ago.
SewLibra said... (9/14/13 0:37 AM) Reply
Great work from a shower curtain! I will have to remember to check out shower curtains for fabric when I shop! You are lucky to have a figure that can carry off such a large print. Many of us cannot do least not anymore. :-(
margy.64 said... (9/13/13 11:48 PM) Reply
Wow, I can't believe you made this gorgeous dress from a shower curtain. That is really thinking outside the square. You have achieved a perfect fit and the pattern placement is fantastic. I am in awe.
STARG said... (9/13/13 11:36 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! I love it when up cycling makes something great! Fantastic dress!
sew2little said... (9/13/13 11:35 PM) Reply
You rocked this shower curtain. I remember Marec once made a great blouse out of a curtain; this equals her achievement. GREAT dress!
Marie367 said... (9/13/13 10:57 PM) Reply
A shower curtain? It is gorgeous. I looked at this review to see where you got the fabric. You did a great job and it is a gorgeous dress!
Puppy said... (9/13/13 10:50 PM) Reply
I always check out shower curtains and other unorthodox sources of fabric. A lovely outcome with your shower curtain!
Campbell said... (9/13/13 10:31 PM) Reply
Amazing! It is absolutely wonderful.
knitsewmuch said... (9/13/13 10:08 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous!
PammyC said... (9/13/13 9:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, and no worries if you're caught in the rain!
Texahoma said... (9/13/13 9:41 PM) Reply
OMG! I almost fell out of my chair when I read you made this from a shower curtain! You look like princess Kate Middleton, the fit it perfect and is gorgeous!
Sew Good said... (9/13/13 9:39 PM) Reply
Wow! A shower curtain. That's awesome!
NancyZL said... (9/13/13 9:04 PM) Reply
This is great looking on you. Very "Anthropologie" style ! You did a fab job on matching the sides ( a pet peeve of mine). Very creative in a good way!!
caper81 said... (9/13/13 8:53 PM) Reply
haha, I think it's funny, the idea of using a shower curtain, but wow, it sure works for this dress! You look so great!! Never know where inspiration will hit!;)
SewWil said... (9/13/13 8:52 PM) Reply
Proud. You should definitely be proud. Your dress looks wonderful!
sunnysewing said... (9/13/13 8:50 PM) Reply
It looks great and I'd never guess it was a shower curtain!
ArtAttack said... (9/13/13 8:46 PM) Reply
This is fabulous!!! A shower curtain! I love it...great job and brilliant idea.