I used this pattern just for the skirt portion and I drafted the top portion along with the peplum.
My choice of fabric was originally black stretch satin but I started drafting this project with this Polyester fabric as a muslin, it has a bit of a stretch to it and it is much heavier than what I planned on using. But after started my project I began to like the color and stuck with this fabric.
1. I cut a size 14 skirt using the pattern.
2. I drafted the bodice, ruffle and peplum.
3. The bodice was very plain and simple but I did use elastic in the center of the bodice to create a gathering effect, I did not want to fight with the ruffle and the bodice.
4. After the bodice I drafted the ruffle for the center of the bodice and used some fuse to get that flat effect as shown in the picture.
5. the Peplum was attached to the bodice then sewed onto my skirt portion.
6. I attached the front ruffle last.
I love a challenge and this ruffle effect was quite a challenge I would love to see this dress in person to see how it was constructed, but after all that work I am pretty satified with the outcome.
Buy this pattern for $20.62 List Price: $27.50Add to Bag