Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8854 (Tunic with High Collar)

Reviewed by:Noile

Other Projects by Noile using this Pattern

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

sheila in Missouri said... (4/10/13 8:10 PM) Reply
Your version is waaay better than Vogue's. Vogue needs you on their staff! I think your excellent post may have just created a run on this pattern. I am off to buy this one now! Thanks for a very educational/useful post. Love the color.
marthamyers said... (3/2/13 9:32 PM) Reply
Truly a great version of this pattern. I just love the color and the creative way you achieved it with sweat shirts.
Pj3g said... (3/2/13 7:46 AM) Reply
It's fantastic!!!
Dilliander said... (3/2/13 1:04 AM) Reply
Perfect colour and very stylish Noile! The rtw sweatshirts certainly yielded a beautiful rich hue and refashioned they look very boutique casual chic. Enjoy your new top.
lamstu said... (3/1/13 7:20 PM) Reply
What a great top! I never noticed this pattern before.
CTBarb said... (3/1/13 6:00 PM) Reply
I love it! I've looked at this pattern several times and each time decided against purchasing. Did not even recognize it in your reincarnation! Bravo! You have made me rethink buying especially since Vogue and I think JoAnn are running sales!
marec said... (3/1/13 4:29 PM) Reply
This is super cute and now I must try a version of this pattern. I understand what you are saying about instructions, but I still lean on them from time to time.
Sue Parrott said... (3/1/13 4:27 PM) Reply
I would have never thought of using existing sweatshirts for a top, great idea! Love what you did!
ArtAttack said... (3/1/13 4:12 PM) Reply
I love this!! Thanks for tip on cutting up sweatshirts...the XXL's would afford a good bit of fabric. Brilliant! Great job!
miausiau said... (3/1/13 12:00 PM) Reply
Many of us here sew enough that we pretty much ignore instructions anyway. They can be a source of confusion as well! I've been stashing this one...thanks for reminding me to give it a go. Your sweatshirt chop up is very resourceful.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns