Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6094 (dress)

Reviewed by:Suehayter

About Suehayter
Member since: 2/12/13
Posted on:3/5/13 11:16 AM
Last Updated:3/6/13 11:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by Suehayter using this Pattern

marec said... (3/7/13 9:06 AM) Reply
I love both of the dresses you have made from this pattern. Thanks for the info on construction order...it makes sense to make up the front, and the back, and then the side seams.
jgmafpw said... (3/7/13 8:34 AM) Reply
Wow! Thanks for the picture adjustment, great looking dresses!
Suehayter said... (3/7/13 3:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comment. I see that one of the shops in the UK is selling a dress like the one with the full skirt. I am Fashionable at last!!
prostheticsgirl said... (3/6/13 6:02 PM) Reply
Pics are working! Good job working out the fit issues, I especially like the version with the straight skirt on you
Suehayter said... (3/6/13 2:35 PM) Reply
I have changed the setting, it was set on personal viewing only, now it is public
jgmafpw said... (3/6/13 1:58 PM) Reply
Your picture looks nice, but I can't log in to see it more clearly. Great job on the fit issues!
prostheticsgirl said... (3/6/13 9:52 AM) Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing your pics since it sounds like we have a similiar build (broad backs and narrow hips). Congrats on working out the fit issues
Suehayter said... (3/6/13 2:30 AM) Reply
Interesting comment. I did play around with the fit around the neck quite considerably butbthecsecond dress was much easier than the first. The alterations I made were fairly typical for me however. I have taken all my measurements in order to do a Design of my own and I do have narrow shoulders and a wide waist. i have a broad back and slim hips as i swim a lot. Once I knew the adjustments the second dress went together like a dream.
Suehayter said... (3/6/13 2:30 AM) Reply
Claverie said... (3/5/13 7:05 PM) Reply
I hear recent reviewers making concessions to the pattern's fit ... that it's a matter of personal fit issues and not the pattern. I truly think it's the pattern. I had such poor success with this one and it's such a cute pattern. I can't trust to try it again with the topstitching and find it doesn't fit. Glad you liked the pattern. Would love to see your pics.

Sew Liberated The Emmeline Apron