|The pattern contains a corset, a tutu, a shrug and a pair of leggings, of which I made view A. The corset is very lightly boned and laced in the back. The tutu is made of two heavily gathered layers of tulle and has an additional ring of boning in the lining to keep the tutu up, but in the photo it's not inserted yet, so the tutu sags a bit. I also haven't added any embellishments so far.|
I made some changes to the corset: As opposed to interfacing the corset lining and sewing the boning channels onto it, i used a heavier fabric as an interlining and sewed the the channels onto that. I also used traditional steel boning instead of that "covered featherweight" plastic boning stuff - I don't rely on plastic boning too much, and on top of that I simply didn't know where to get it. As you can see in the picture of the back, I also laced the corset in the traditional way so I can put it on and tighten it more easily.
The tutu is really a thing: you cut the pattern piece from the tulle 16 (!) times and then stitch eight at a time together, creating two tulle rings of around 8 metres circumference each in total. Gather it up, and it's basically just a huge tully mess of fabric. Patience is definitely required. Thanks to all this, the tutu is extremely fluffy even without the boning.
All in all, despite the alterations that should be made to the corset, I really like the things that can be made with this pattern, it makes it very versatile for a variety of costumes, like the flamingo costume I'm making. I really recommend it as a basic pattern for all your costume ideas.