Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1031 (Riviera Boulevard Cardigan-Jacket)

Reviewed by:jewelea

About jeweleastar
TX United States
Member since: 10/19/05
Posted on:3/8/13 3:24 PM
Last Updated:3/8/13 3:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

blue mooney said... (3/10/13 8:59 AM) Reply
You did a great job making this jacket work. The finished result and the polartec are lovely. Too bad this pattern has problems, because it's very appealing.
carolynw said... (3/9/13 12:10 PM) Reply
I feel your pain but the jacket does look really nice and extremely well sewn. As you say on your blog - a little time distance can make things seem better. Am so glad you had the patience to stick with this - I know it would not have gone so well with me
newmama said... (3/9/13 8:26 AM) Reply
The end result looks lovely and beautifully sewn. I appreciate the rant, because I don't like paying so much for PDF patterns when there are some quality issues (in drafting, instructions, etc). So a warning is always good (as is knowing I'm not alone!) Thank you for the review.
Ellenatlga said... (3/9/13 8:23 AM) Reply
despite your problems with this, your finished garment is lovely. I love that you used fleece, love the color. All your hard work paid off on this one.
Immelu said... (3/8/13 8:09 PM) Reply
Looks great!!! Sorry you had so many problems. I've made this pattern up twice, and while it does have it's issues, I love to wear them.
Deborah K said... (3/8/13 4:54 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you had such a headache with this pattern, but the end result is just lovely. Keep up the good work!
Judy Wentz said... (3/8/13 4:49 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks lovely. I can certainly empathize with all of your trials and tribulations. I have "been there done that" in my sewing career. Nice review!
MegquiltsinVT said... (3/8/13 3:52 PM) Reply
O, my. Thanks for the warning on this pattern. I like your idea about using chain in the back hem to hold down the garment - ingenious!

by: artysam