Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1296 (Misses top and skirt)

Reviewed by:sewing genie

Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
sewing genie said... (12/13/13 2:51 PM) Reply
FeeShion No worries. Good luck with your projects,and if you have any more questions, you can ask me any time. Maybe I should have used the message board or something?? I'm not sure. If you ask questions on my facebook page, I can answer you quickly. I get messages in my email if there are any new things on my facebook. (English is my second language, too. ~.~)
FeeShion said... (12/1/13 3:59 PM) Reply
Dear "sewing genie", I always thougt that you simply didn't answer my question, but some minutes ago, I realized that you DID! I didn't receive a message about your comment, and so I didn't answer. I want to say sorry for that! I didn't want to appear impolite, I just missed your answer! At the moment, I am working on a Mc Call's blouse, but the Vogue V1296 is still on my to-do list. ;) Best regards, Anja from Germany (Please apologize my bad English; I am a little bit out of pratice.)
CissieW said... (9/17/13 8:54 AM) Reply
Love the collar!
ArtAttack said... (9/16/13 7:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top. The pattern envelope certainly doesn't promote it!
RadarRadiance said... (9/16/13 2:48 PM) Reply
Love your outfit and the jacket is stunning! I had seen that pattern but with the goofy pose I didn't even notice the lines....very pretty!
sewing genie said... (6/2/13 10:56 PM) Reply
Boning is not on the collar. It's just for the bodice. That's why I said I wouldn't use it again. and I think it was polyester. The taffeta I used is sort of stiff, and light weight interfacing was enough. If you use lighter weight material, using medium weight interfacing would be better, I think. I hope my answer is helpful. If you have any more question, feel free to ask
FeeShion said... (6/2/13 10:30 AM) Reply
I LOVE this top! "I will sew it again, but I wouldn't use boning." But then, the collar would lose its drape, wouldn't it? What kind of boning did you use (the polyester one or a very stiff one) and why don't you want to use it again? I ordered this pattern 2 days ago, but I'll have to wait for 6 weeks to get it. (I don't live in the U.S.) But I could already buy the notions, couldn't I? ;)
sewing genie said... (3/10/13 9:32 PM) Reply
Thanks, ladies. I made this for my sister. ~.~ The top is a bit time consuming, but it was worth it.
Amiejean said... (3/9/13 7:44 AM) Reply
Great job! I too love the neckline. I can't think of a situation i would encounter that I would need an outfit like this for. Sad. Yours looks very nice.
couturemom said... (3/9/13 6:55 AM) Reply
That's a very interesting pattern. I hadn't noticed that one before - it's going on my list!

Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern

Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

by: idaaida