Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 10-2012-425 (asymmetric top)

Reviewed by:GermanKleinigkeit

About GermanKleinigkeitstar
Member since: 9/4/08
Posted on:3/11/13 8:43 PM
Last Updated:3/11/13 9:09 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

miausiau said... (6/25/14 0:25 AM) Reply
I finally made this up. I cannot believe this is not actually for a jersey. I am a 42 and the 44 was too tight across the front. I ended up taking out about 6 " on the front shoulder line to lift the whole front up so the batwings did not restrict movement. This would not have been an issue with a knit. In fact this would be fabulous in two tones, IN a JERSEY! I have a chic top that has only a few inches to spare anywhere... that was an ordeal just putting 2 pieces together but its a save.
GermanKleinigkeit said... (3/17/13 2:43 PM) Reply
Hi, rivergum. Thanks for your tip. It's a pain to undo the stitching on this boiled wool fabric, :-)) but I'll try what you said when sewing it again, which I most likely will in a light summer version. @moushka, if I get someone to take a photo of me, I'll add it.
rivergum said... (3/12/13 3:53 PM) Reply
Great top! Love the colour. I hadn't seen this pattern before and I like it a lot. What a good idea to make it up in a boiled wool, it must be very cosy. If it pulls, can you undo a seam for a bit, even if that leaves a n open slit? That would not matter with a pullover type top. I think a silk would also be lovely for summer.
miausiau said... (3/12/13 12:30 PM) Reply
I saw this one and went looking for a download version. No luck so I may have to find the magazine. I love these sort of tops for summer . Your idea of a sweater type garment is inspiring.
moushka said... (3/11/13 10:03 PM) Reply
Nice top. Would love to see a photo with you wearing it. Love the colour!

A-Door-Ables