Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> e738 (COWL NECK TUNIC)

Reviewed by:rosehatten

About rosehattenstar
MD United States
Member since: 9/15/05
Posted on:3/12/13 4:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Sweater knit fabrics

leahboyan said... (2/1/14 3:02 PM) Reply
I just made this top and found the same issue as Lori - the shoulder seam slid back, so far back that it ends up looking rather like a draped turtle neck rather than the "v" of a cowl neck. Necklines riding back are a standard (and frustrating) fit issue for me. I can usually resolve the issue by raising the center back seam, but that didn't work for this pattern. I also found the shoulder seams much too skinny for me. I wish I had read these comments first before diving in and cutting up my lovely French knit! Guess I just have to head back to the fabric store for more!
Helen May said... (1/30/14 4:19 PM) Reply
I've just finished my second top and found the shoulder seam slopes back towards the sleeve head. I thought it was me needing to do a forward shoulder point adjustment which I may try on the next one that is waiting to be cut out. It's not noticeable on a patterned fabric but I noticed it on a plain one. That said I love the style and fit of the pattern.
LoriIKC said... (1/30/14 12:08 PM) Reply
I just finished making this pattern. The shoulder seam sits very far back on my shoulders. I'd like to see it moved forward about an inch. Did anyone else have a similar reaction or is it just me?
Karine said... (3/13/13 3:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I have downloaded this pattern but not made it yet. I'll be sure to hand baste based on your experience and the comments. I love the drape of the neckline. So many cowls are bunchy with too much fabric, or too deep. Very flattering on you.
amkws said... (3/13/13 10:48 AM) Reply
I have made several of these and find that it really helps to hand baste the back and collar extension before machine stitching. Very nice looking top on you.
Elona said... (3/12/13 5:21 PM) Reply
Actually, the cowl looks very nice: Not too deep, not too shallow.

Lekala Patterns 6131