Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6130 (Misses Top with Peplum)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:3/15/13 2:28 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Tops    Pants    Skirts
carolynw said... (3/16/13 2:25 PM) Reply
You might not be happy with this but for what's worth I think it looks so cute and nice on you - don't let it go to the back of your closet
Heatherrique said... (3/16/13 11:38 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for your feedback. To Dynamo and Dressy123: I wonder if the neckline was drafted to be wide.
kim*brown said... (3/15/13 6:37 PM) Reply
Don't you just hate when this happens?! I agree with everyone else, it looks adorable!
dressy 123 said... (3/15/13 5:56 PM) Reply
I am half way through making this top. My last New Look project was a dress with a similar neckline, I have never been happy wearing it because the back neck suffers severe gaposis. I could see from the back pattern piece that this top is similarly too wide in the back neckline. I have taken a total of 2 cm out of the back neckline. Did this by folding 2 small darts in the back pattern piece, equivelent to 4 small darts across the whole of the back neck. Although not yet finished, my test fit seems to have address the gaposis issue.
FreyaStark said... (3/15/13 5:52 PM) Reply
I am sorry you had a disappointing experience. Getting a precise fit with a fitted top is challenging. If I were you, I would be tempted to find a pattern with a similar look but easier to make. Thanks for sharing anyway.
grays08 said... (3/15/13 4:24 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry you are disappointed with this top because you did such a great job and what a great fabric! Hang in there, definitely a lot of peplum patterns right now to choose from or tweak this one again but you will get a good fit, you are too good of a sewer not to. = )
Mufffet said... (3/15/13 3:02 PM) Reply
I kind of like this!
Barbara V said... (3/15/13 11:29 AM) Reply
The peplum is a lovely and complimentary style on you. I think is looks great on you. Do plan to incorporate some more of these while the fad is in!
Dynamo said... (3/15/13 11:19 AM) Reply
I think the top looks cute too, but I can see the gaping neckline issue that is bothering you. That has happened to me before and I figure I need to spend sometime learning how to correct that fit issue. Perhaps someone will pipe in with suggestions! I do think your top is super cute and the peplum styles suits you. Sometimes we are our own worst critics! Wear it proudly!
SewWil said... (3/15/13 9:57 AM) Reply
Cute top! Sorry you are disappointed with it.
GoodbyeValntino said... (3/15/13 8:43 AM) Reply