Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2013-113 (Draped Shirt)

Reviewed by:grays08

About grays08starstarstar
IL USA
Member since: 9/13/11
Posted on:3/13/13 6:14 PM
Last Updated:3/13/13 6:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
Levone said... (3/19/13 11:22 PM) Reply
Pretty top and very informative review!
ggf2005 said... (3/15/13 1:26 AM) Reply
awesome!!!
SandraB said... (3/14/13 11:17 PM) Reply
Very pretty and flattering on you.
wendlesue said... (3/14/13 10:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I loved this when I saw it in the mag, and I've got it traced off already. I feel more confident about sewing it up when I see your results. Your review is very helpful.
Nan Kay said... (3/14/13 10:09 AM) Reply
Thank you for such a good review of this top. I was on the fence about it, but you have convinced me to try it! Yours looks super!
SewWil said... (3/14/13 10:05 AM) Reply
Your top is so cute! Thanks for the detailed review. I missed this pattern in the magazine and now must make it.
Amanda.Claire said... (3/14/13 8:33 AM) Reply
Great top! I love the polka dots!! I am making this right now. I just got the facing on and will go back and add your hints. (THANKS). You are so right about how flattering this top is.
1SewSweet said... (3/14/13 5:06 AM) Reply
I love this top on you and really want to make on too! Thanks for the great review!
Michele Lommasson said... (3/14/13 0:50 AM) Reply
A very lovely top and a wonderful, useful review. Thanks.
MamaSewing said... (3/13/13 9:57 PM) Reply
Adorable top, the dots are great for this top!
grays08 said... (3/13/13 8:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for the lovely comments. Renren - you make an excellent point that I failed to mention in my review, lightweight, drapey knits are key. I'll update the review with this info. Thanks so much for your input!
renren said... (3/13/13 7:28 PM) Reply
That is a lovely top with the waterfall gathers. I can see how a lightweight drapey knit would be preferred for this due to all the gathering--especially apparent when you show how far out the hemline can extend. Love the fabric. Sounds like you have this pattern tamed to serve you well.
Jstarr4250 said... (3/13/13 7:24 PM) Reply
It's a very flattering style on you. Great construction info regarding the facings.
Kemish said... (3/13/13 7:08 PM) Reply
I like this top - funny I just looked beyond it in the magazine but now that I have seen yours - Looks great!

A-Door-Ables