Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3156 (Wide leg pants)

Reviewed by:sewkal

About sewkalstar
Member since: 8/11/04
Posted on:2/25/05 1:14 PM
Last Updated:2/25/05 1:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants
tinaSA said... (9/2/09 2:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing the waistband treatment. It DOES look good!
Deepika said... (3/16/05 3:11 PM) Reply
Very nice pants. Definitely career wear.
AnneM said... (2/26/05 10:24 AM) Reply
Those look great. I've looked at this pattern before but haven't convinced myself to get it - yet. Your version is just what I was hoping they would come out looking like, though.
JDpenelope said... (2/26/05 9:02 AM) Reply
You are making a believer out of me--the pattern looks like a winner, with the waist treatment and double knit fabric recommendation. Great job.
tigger said... (2/26/05 2:40 AM) Reply
These pants look great - for loungepants they have a great fit and don't look too big - fantastic. Love the fabric too!
Mel.J said... (2/25/05 5:40 PM) Reply
Very nice! In terms of sizing, I trace between two sizes & that might work for you as well.
nheh said... (2/25/05 4:46 PM) Reply
I've made the top multiple times now, and like it a lot. You've just inspired me to make the pants, although I'm sure they look much better on tiny you than they will on me:-b Anyway, go ahead and try the top; it makes up very nicely and is very easy. It runs large -- I think I've gone down one size in fabrics with good body/return, and two sizes in onionskin; I have a 36 bust, and I make the XS in the onionskin and it could still be taken in a bit. I should add that I did a forward shoulder adjustment and a horizontal foldout of probably half an inch or so in the upper chest area -- thanks to all on this site for the wonderful fitting tips.
Lisette said... (2/25/05 4:38 PM) Reply
I really like your pants, especially the waist finish. Enjoy them.
Hilary said... (2/25/05 3:36 PM) Reply
Very cool pants! I love the waist treatment, I have been looking for a pattern w/ exactly that finish :o) and look, I already have this one! YAH! Thanks for the review-can't wait to make these :o)
GorgeousFabrics said... (2/25/05 2:40 PM) Reply
Love them! -Ann
PegL said... (2/25/05 2:25 PM) Reply
Oh wow! I love everything about your pants!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/25/05 2:04 PM) Reply
Your pants look fantastic, Courtney! Congrats on the nice smooth waistband finish. Although they're cotton knit, the color you chose makes them look quite sophisticated. Bravo.
SandraB said... (2/25/05 2:01 PM) Reply
Very nice looking pants. THey look stylish as well as comfortable.
Georgene said... (2/25/05 1:37 PM) Reply
This waist finish is very useful for all kinds of elastic waisted garments. Yours looks great!
keric said... (2/25/05 1:19 PM) Reply
These pants are so cute, and look ultra comfy! As a beginner, I may have to give these a shot!

by: atymonw