Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6214 (Misses Shirt Dress)

Reviewed by:velosewer

About velosewerstarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 11/11/06
Posted on:4/21/13 5:11 AM
Last Updated:4/21/13 5:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Sharonspils said... (4/21/13 11:27 PM) Reply
Another wonderful version and love the piping you have used.
MrsCharisma said... (4/21/13 8:02 PM) Reply
This is awesome! I love the dress and the fabric choice.
ArtAttack said... (4/21/13 7:42 PM) Reply
I like all of your versions of this...you are great at piping!
velosewer said... (4/21/13 7:28 PM) Reply
Hi Nancywin I don't understand why the wrong pattern is showing on this review but is correct on my previous shirt dress review. http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/84417
Nancywin said... (4/21/13 6:15 PM) Reply
I'm confused. The pattern shown does not match your dress. I really like the dress though.
marec said... (4/21/13 4:43 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty dress on you and I've added to my wishlist. The piping is such a great detail.
Barbara V said... (4/21/13 10:34 AM) Reply
Your many versions are great with the various details and all good fit. The piping on this one looks smart and is a nice detail on your lovely dress.
Re Becca said... (4/21/13 10:28 AM) Reply
What a great TNT! Every version is unique, I hardly recognized the original pattern.
Legal.Dealer said... (4/21/13 8:49 AM) Reply
My view too is that the princess seam should go over the bust, so much so that while making a muslin for a jacket the seam was so off by the time I had it right I didn't want to make it any more! Peggy Sagers from Silhoutte Patterns has a fitting Q/A in SewNews April2013 saying these type of sems only have to reach within 3 inches from bust point. Well since she gets paid for her point of view...I won't be changing more muslins for that reason! Thank you for your review, I really love the piping.
BillieJean said... (4/21/13 6:19 AM) Reply
I love this dress!
mm said... (4/21/13 6:14 AM) Reply
What happened to winter? Lovely dress. I particularly like the blue trim and the buttons.
Dilliander said... (4/21/13 6:13 AM) Reply
Maria, you have made so many great versions of this pattern! The piped front and sleeves on this dress are very flattering and you look gorgeous modelling it too. A perfect use for your special vintage fabric.

More Knits