Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 965 (camisole and t-shirt)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:2/26/05 1:16 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Lingerie
Hilary said... (2/27/05 5:28 PM) Reply
Nice looking tank! It'll be great for layering. This looks like a great pattern, I like the cut of all the styles, and you can't have too many sizes :o) Now that I finally have a girl (after 3boys) maybe I have a good excuse to "need" Jalie patterns :oP tw, I think the dying is a great idea too~
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/27/05 4:26 AM) Reply
I like the shape of this tank. It looks lovely on you! Thanks to the helpful comparison to Jalie 2005.
Marita Kinnula said... (2/27/05 0:17 AM) Reply
A great tank Lisa, as for the rest of the fabric, my thoughts were running along the same direction as Vivienne's and Diane's or just use it as lining fabric, but if the burntest shows that it's rayon, then I'd most definetly do what Vivienne suggested, hope it is.
JDpenelope said... (2/26/05 9:27 PM) Reply
Nice job, in spite of the uncooperative fabric! This pattern is EXACTLY what I need to cover bra straps and wear under stretch lace, sheer onionskin, low V-necks (as you suggest) and the like. I bought some of Linda's (at EOS) stretch lining (the color is nude--a little darker than I'd hoped for, but probably ok) and now you have provided a pattern. Thanks!
Lisa Laree said... (2/26/05 8:45 PM) Reply
Hm...that's an idea, Vivienne! I really do need to do a burn test and find out what this is; I'm just guessing rayon because it's so soft and silky.
Vivienne said... (2/26/05 6:26 PM) Reply
If your fabric is rayon, why not dye it and make a whole bunch of these cami's? The fit is great.
Diane E said... (2/26/05 5:16 PM) Reply
Very nice, Lisa. I sure do love this pattern and I'm glad you are happy with it, too. As for the rest of the fabric, if it were me I'd probably make some pants liners or pj bottoms, especially if it's a nice slippery soft knit.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns