Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8885 (Misses Jacket)

Reviewed by:rutaliet

About rutalietstar
IL USA
Member since: 8/10/08
Posted on:3/21/13 6:28 PM
Last Updated:3/22/13 7:11 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Michele Lommasson said... (3/23/13 2:23 AM) Reply
I actually think it looks quite attractive. Beautiful job with the braid; going with the curl is so much better than making tubes. Very nice, very helpful review.
grays08 said... (3/22/13 8:46 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review and detailed information (this is rare and MUCH appreciated to us sewing this). I got this one out to sew up and decided it was too fiddly for the timeframe I was trying to crunch it into but want to do it now and appreciate your insight. I had the same thought on the braid since I wanted to use a thin jersey knit too. Great top and great adjustments! After reading through this pattern I knew there had to more to this, there is just too much going on.
Ripple Dandelion said... (3/22/13 6:43 AM) Reply
Very pretty piece! I can imagine all those pleats would be fiddly to sew. The braid is inspired.
julie w said... (3/22/13 5:51 AM) Reply
Your coverup looks cute in the knit fabric, great idea for th braids
Amiejean said... (3/22/13 5:19 AM) Reply
Very nice job on the braiding, good thinking. It looks like you bought that braid somewhere. Thanks for your review, I have been looking at this pattern, I always need a cover up for summer in my office. Great review.
ChristianaT said... (3/22/13 0:20 AM) Reply
What a super cute little jacket/coverup. I really like the braid detail and what a great idea of using the knit fabric's natural curl to create your tubes. Well done! Christiana

Butterick B4976