Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7063

Member since: 7/4/05
Posted on:3/30/13 4:19 PM
Last Updated:3/30/13 4:20 PM
dbsewer said... (4/2/13 7:57 AM) Reply
fabulous shirt, Betsy. You did a great job matching stripes, and I love the chevron collar. Beautiful fabric.
Sarah Liz said... (4/1/13 5:50 AM) Reply
That is a very smart blouse - beautifully made with great attention to detail. I like the front placket, it looks very streamlined.
Kbenco said... (3/31/13 10:41 PM) Reply
A very smart looking blouse. I like your attention to detail with the stripe matching at the collar chevrons, beautifully sewn.
BJ1400 said... (3/31/13 8:49 AM) Reply
Excellent job. Such a nice looking blouse.
BetsyV said... (3/31/13 8:03 AM) Reply
KathleenS: I refer to David Coffin's Shirtmaking book when I make any shirt. He has placket patterns in the book, full size, that are traceable. He has a reference line on the pattern to match stripes, but I realized that the slash line lines up with the peak of the tower, so I used that. I cut the plackets when I get ready to put them on the sleeves and do the cuff pleating, not when I cut the rest of the shirt pieces. You can cut them on the bias, too, which eliminates needing to match the stripe.
KathleenS said... (3/31/13 4:19 AM) Reply
Smart, very useful-looking shirt. I like the little details you added to the cuff and the collar. I've been wondering (and it certainly looks like you know the answer!) how to match a placket to the sleeve. Do you just match the outer pointed section and then the inside may or may not match, depending on the stripe spacing? Or do you adapt the placket pattern to make the inside part match too?
Quickie said... (3/31/13 3:49 AM) Reply
velosewer said... (3/31/13 3:32 AM) Reply
Such a classically tailored blouse. I agree - perfectly sewn.
PattyE said... (3/30/13 6:16 PM) Reply