Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4919 (Retro '52 Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Jupiter, FL

About Jupiter, FL
Member since: 7/27/05
Posted on:3/27/13 1:16 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
heemee said... (4/10/13 11:30 PM) Reply
The dress looks great! I love the way it drapes. Thanks for the review. I bought this pattern and will be trying it out sometime soon.
Rosalaya said... (4/5/13 11:27 PM) Reply
Hey don't beat yourself up, I think it looks great, and that by turning the neckline into a sweetheart, that you've reduced the visual bust size. Well done
Jupiter, FL said... (3/29/13 9:06 AM) Reply
Thank you, all -- you are very kind.
rmusic1 said... (3/28/13 9:14 PM) Reply
cut yourself some slack! sewing with synthetics is hard work, and slippery fabric (natural or otherwise) even more so. Consider it a compliment to your skills you overcame the obstacles, and I think you should be proud of the result!
TJSEWS said... (3/28/13 8:37 PM) Reply
I am glad you ended up enjoying the dress...it does look beautiful on you and what a gorgeous color!
SusiM said... (3/28/13 1:37 PM) Reply
it's lovely! I made this one for my slender daughter. it's hard not to get sucked into those very unrealistic illustrations on the pattern jacket. That's why the pattern reviews are so wonderful: we get to see the real finished product. And it is striking on you I think.
Jrhee said... (3/28/13 0:01 AM) Reply
It is a pretty dress in a pretty color!
Jupiter, FL said... (3/27/13 6:10 PM) Reply
It was a ball for our horseback riding club. I reconciled with the dress and enjooyed wearing it -- it was dark-ish and I hope the puckers weren't that visible.
novicesewist said... (3/27/13 3:50 PM) Reply
Great review. I'm sorry you are nearly hating the dress, it looks great! To what event did you wear it? (Just nosy)

More Knits