Pattern Reviews> Tessuti> Fave top

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06

Posted on:3/28/13 8:41 PM

jannw said... (4/1/13 5:59 PM) Reply
Great review and top!! I've been wondering about it and finally downloaded it!!
jennybaxt said... (4/1/13 5:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have often wondered about this top. I think I'm going to have to make myself one.
wimmie said... (3/29/13 7:13 PM) Reply
Thank you for bring this wonderful top to my attention. your print selection is so cool, and of course your finished top is just awesome.
Sharonspils said... (3/29/13 5:08 PM) Reply
Very smart top and definitely a win all around.
Fran G said... (3/29/13 9:09 AM) Reply
Great review..interesting and entertaining. I, too, have made this top and you have inspired me to make it again. Makes me wonder why I haven't made it several times already? Reason? YOu fabulous seamstresses keep posting items that I need to make and the queque just gets longer and some favorites get forgotten! Love your work!
VivianZ said... (3/29/13 8:25 AM) Reply
Great top! I love the print, which is so perfect for that top!
jenleeC said... (3/29/13 8:19 AM) Reply
There must be some good sewing karma energy around as I was just looking at this pattern on the Tessuti website, and then I jumped onto PR and there was your top! And very lovely it is too! What a bonus to set out to make a toile and end up with a beautiful garment.
FreyaStark said... (3/29/13 4:05 AM) Reply
A fabulous top, and a spiffing review, too.
julie w said... (3/29/13 3:01 AM) Reply
Fabulous
Renata said... (3/28/13 11:41 PM) Reply
I usually find that when a fabric talks to you, it is spot on as to what it wants to be. Again, another fabulous addition to your wardrobe.
Vonnevo said... (3/28/13 10:48 PM) Reply
A fabulous win for you !!! Loved your review too :)
BeaJay said... (3/28/13 9:36 PM) Reply
Great top - love the fabric. Thanks for pointing this out.
GermanKleinigkeit said... (3/28/13 9:17 PM) Reply
I have sewn this pattern, too, and you are absolutely right, it's "insanely fast to make" (I like that :-)) I made it in a very loose knit and it kept getting longer and longer and is almost down to my knees now, which gave me the idea, it would also be a nice pattern for a nightgown, if cut longer. Yours is a fabulous dressy top! I will give it another try in another fabric now.
mhoutz said... (3/28/13 9:09 PM) Reply
What a great top, and great review!
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/28/13 8:49 PM) Reply
Your print suits the design very well! How fun to find a gem in your own stash... fun review, thanks for sharing
Dilliander said... (3/28/13 8:49 PM) Reply
Such a simple but sophisticated top! The print is perfect and the Lagenlook style really suits you. I can see this becoming a TNT and look forward to seeing you work your magic with all the different variations :) It looks great.

More Knits