Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4995

Posted on:3/29/13 9:37 PM
Last Updated:4/30/13 9:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
grays08 said... (5/1/13 12:09 PM) Reply
Glad to hear your update because I thought this was fabulous, but I know exactly what you mean about things growing on you. I just had a Jalie cardi I made that I was disappointed with but time has proven that I now love it, but you have to feel it and sometimes things change and just aren't there initially.
BlueSkysAhead said... (4/23/13 10:53 PM) Reply
thats what I was thinking a stretch fabric. The new stretch fabric bottom weights are wonderful but they do cost a bit more. Maybe you could cut it below the bottom of the pockets and make side vents and tucks in the waist to reduce the blouse of the waist. A nice shirt I bet the color looks just fab on you.
grays08 said... (4/8/13 9:36 AM) Reply
Cute shirt dress! Definitely make another one up if you can grab a different pattern for the bottom, because this looks fantastic, but I understand needing ease through the skirt.
prostheticsgirl said... (4/7/13 3:31 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work for you because it looks so cute in the picture
wendlesue said... (4/7/13 2:57 PM) Reply
Thanks carolynw....It could be that a lighter fabric would blouse more gracefully at the waist. I would still need to release some ease in the hips though. A stretch fabric might also work well.
carolynw said... (4/7/13 12:17 PM) Reply
It looks perfect - so sorry it is not the best fit for you - do you think the material, which I believe is a bottom weight, had anything to do with this?
Quickie said... (4/7/13 10:41 AM) Reply