Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3: (Faux Crossover Top)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

lornakismet said... (6/4/06 9:23 PM) Reply
I'm new so just now saw this review. I like the style on you and especially the color. These colors look good on you. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
Danvillegirl said... (3/3/05 6:29 PM) Reply
Really like both tops. Purple with double trim looks really good and rhinestones add some more pizazz. Like the green one also. Your PMB3 drawings are very helpful and I am going to attempt this for me also. Great review as always.
sewsue said... (3/3/05 2:55 PM) Reply
Another fun review, and thanks for the brilliant idea about using stickers to mark pattern notches etc.
Katharine in BXL said... (3/3/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Debbie what a fab job lining up the horizontal bands, and aligning them in a flattering way. You look great in your signature colors!
MaryBeth said... (3/3/05 8:23 AM) Reply
Looks great Debbie! Please, please don't stop doing your wrap tops (playing devil's advocate here)...you could do lots of different neckline treatments (like a slight ruffle or a collar a la Belinda's instructions) and inspire us further!!! The heck with the kids :)
Kathy Russell said... (3/3/05 0:38 AM) Reply
Debbie, I always get so much from your reviews. Not only do you do an excellent job of sharing your tips and step by steps of your projects but you always make me smile. Is the wild ginger a hard program to learn. Is it meant for a more intermediate sewer or would an advanced beginner be able to use it? I loved every top you made and will miss the crossover phase you've gone thru but look forward to whats next.
MsConnie said... (3/2/05 11:31 PM) Reply
Love, love both your tops! I have the print fabric too - it's good to see how the placement falls with those hands! Thanks for all your details and showing us your pattern making process.
lmg said... (3/2/05 9:47 PM) Reply
All I can say is WOW! Great review, great fabric and great top. Thanks
Peggy L said... (3/2/05 2:26 PM) Reply
Debbie - great review, great tops & I am really impressed with all your pictures! I just got a camera and can't figure the dang thing out. First thing I did was leave it on and the batteries died - guess I need to read the instructions!
MariaDenmark said... (3/2/05 1:41 PM) Reply
Debbie - another great review! I love all the details on the purple top - I'm going to have to try some of that. Oh and colouring FOE - never thought you could do that!
Sherril Miller said... (3/2/05 12:25 PM) Reply
I woke up this morning dreaming of a great cross-over top to go with my new skirts (not yet reviewed). Thanks for the pattern drawings. They really help me a lot.
SueV said... (3/2/05 10:57 AM) Reply
great top! Great review!
marya said... (3/2/05 10:51 AM) Reply
Debbie, Thank you so much for sharing so many details, humor, and design process. So clear, Are you a teacher in your non-sewing life? I'm going to use those stickers to make markings for issy miyake twist top, and some sewing workshop patterns.
Leslie in Austin said... (3/2/05 10:25 AM) Reply
Super fit, Debbie, and I love love love the print! Great call with the additional dark band on the bottom hem. Thanks for showing and describing all of the details. And a sarcasm dripping thanks for showing the narrow CS you did on the FOE. I cried last week when I discovered my CS is too wide to do that.
keric said... (3/2/05 10:23 AM) Reply
Debbie, love both tops! Love the review! I'm thinking I'll have to try a crossover top one of these days. I realllllyyyy love that purple jersey! Do you remember by any chance, where you got it?
Jan B. said... (3/2/05 10:15 AM) Reply
Great top, great review. Thank you for the reminder on marking notches with stickers. It slays me what good pictures you take of yourself.
PVA said... (3/2/05 9:56 AM) Reply
Oh wow, such a great review! First, congratulations on the 3rd star -- I am so pleased for you! I love both tops, & you really have perfected that pattern. I especially like the vented band on the final version -- that is a really great finish. I've tried to find some FOE but I swear, no one in So. Oregon has ever heard of such a thing. Your results are awsome & *MEGA* thanks for all the photos!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/2/05 9:42 AM) Reply
What a fantastic job. These two tops look wonderful. You do so much embellishing and it make everything look wonderful. Thanks again for all the pics and pieces of info to help the rest of us.
Vivienne said... (3/2/05 9:15 AM) Reply
Debbie, another perfect t-shirt! Congratulations on the pattern placement with this fabric. I would love to buy some but am too intimidated by where those hands might end up.
Gigi Louis said... (3/2/05 8:23 AM) Reply
A wonderful review, as usual! I love all your photos. You have achieved a wonderfully flattering fit with these tops.
PegL said... (3/2/05 7:16 AM) Reply
Nice top with lovely details! I like the purple one too. As always, a great review with lots of detail! I appreciate that!
Lisa Laree said... (3/2/05 7:11 AM) Reply
Whoa, Debbie, these tops are great! I *really* like the purple w/the 2 rows of trim and sparklies! You've done some great work here!
Susan Dryer said... (3/2/05 7:05 AM) Reply
You've achieved very flattering fit. Love your fabric choices. It seems to me one can never have " too" many flattering tops!
jlg said... (3/2/05 5:34 AM) Reply
Great top Debbie. I always like your photos of all the details. I want to try the FOE treatment.

MariaDenmark 101