Online Sewing Class: Beyond the BoatNeck

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6939 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:Manalto

About Manaltostar
Member since: 5/29/08
Posted on:3/30/13 10:49 AM
Last Updated:3/30/13 5:56 PM
FreyaStark said... (7/6/13 3:30 AM) Reply
A nice top. I like that fabric, actually, and I hope your sister liked it. I doubt gussets were even meant to be combined with French seams. They would work better if used with overlocked (serged) seams, or when the seams were finished by folding over the seam allowance and zigzagging them.
ChristmasHills said... (4/1/13 7:39 AM) Reply
I think that fabric would have scared me off but made up I agree - I like it too. I like the texture of the fabric as well. That poor sales woman probably has to work too hard, with no instore education and too much to do by herself. Or maybe just a bad day. Anyway lucky you to find fabric like that for $2.99 a yard. What are these gussets you mention? Couldn't see anything like that in the pattern info on line. Also are you available for adoption?
Manalto said... (3/30/13 11:40 AM) Reply
Eleanor, I accept your challenge.
EleanorSews said... (3/30/13 11:24 AM) Reply
Never fails, a pattern envelope that would not interest me looks so different when made up. Thanks for your review. Nice basic top altho' my tendency is to disagree that this would look as good in a crisp fabric.

by: Chococat