Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5886 (Misses' Dress and Belt)

Reviewed by:penelopey4

About penelopey4star
CO USA
Member since: 5/27/11
Posted on:3/31/13 7:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
Sheseams said... (5/11/13 9:20 PM) Reply
:-( sigh, I was so looking forward to making this, I found the perfect fabric for it too. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make a bodice first from junk fabric to see what happens.
penelopey4 said... (4/4/13 7:41 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry, I do not have a photo! I think I was too annoyed and wasn't thinking before tossing the whole thing. Just make a muslin if you do try it, or like I mentioned before, try using the bodice lining for the bodice also. I think that would have turned out very cute! It is a bummer too that it's the type of bodice you really can't even try on to fit until it's all done.
Izybel18 said... (4/2/13 6:08 PM) Reply
I was planning in buying this pattern this week, but now I'm not so sure! I would also love to see a photo.
slmstyle said... (3/31/13 10:43 PM) Reply
Too bad about how the fit of this dress did not work out so well. I have this pattern and was looking forward to making it, but now I hesitate after you do not recommend it. Thank you for your review. Do you have any photos to share of how the bodice turned out?

A-Door-Ables Paper Pattern