Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6076 (Misses' Shirts)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash Contest Contest
Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Posted on:3/31/13 10:42 PM

moushka said... (3/27/15 2:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous work. You can't find RTW at this standard under $200, not with the perfect fit included. Love it.
Margaret said... (5/17/13 5:57 AM) Reply
Well, it looks like you successfully met the challenge... with stripes no less! I especially like how the stripes change direction in the upper parts of the side fronts. Nice shirt!
renren said... (4/2/13 7:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments! Much appreciated! FreyaStark, I went to your reviews to see which P/P shirt you might be referring to, and I think I should sew that one next. It has lots of favourable reviews. It should be easier than this one, too (hoping, hoping!).
FreyaStark said... (4/2/13 7:10 AM) Reply
An impressive effort. Fitted blouses are a lot of work but very satisfying when they are successful. You make me feel like revisiting my favourite Palmer Pletsch shirt pattern.
WhatSew said... (4/1/13 11:53 AM) Reply
Thank your for posting progress photos, shows your effort - great project.
marec said... (4/1/13 10:39 AM) Reply
My gosh, this is a wonderful shirt. I wish it were mine :-) I agree with Heather.
Quickie said... (4/1/13 5:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt, nice review. Give yourself a higher sewing level and like the tailor in the 1000 and 1 nights you'll feel more confident
KaSchu said... (4/1/13 4:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt, beautifully fitted. Great review, too. Well done!
jannw said... (4/1/13 0:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful..Fantastic job!! The collar stripe are perfect!! I agree with Heatherrique...
renren said... (3/31/13 11:44 PM) Reply
Do you really think so??? I don't know! Sleeves give me the heebie jeebies and I fall into a dead faint just thinking about installing an invisible zipper!!! The Mighty treefrog classifies herself as Intermediate. Oh, my. I could never compare myself to her. Thanks for your input, Heatherrique--I'll think it over.
Heatherrique said... (3/31/13 11:38 PM) Reply
BTW Ren: Your sewing level stated on your profile is well ahead of advanced beginner. Please change it!
Heatherrique said... (3/31/13 11:34 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking shirt, Ren! Not only is your review very helpful, but I enjoyed you taking us on the journey you went through to achieve your impressive results.
Aixoise said... (3/31/13 10:59 PM) Reply
Your blouse fits well and is beautifully constructed. You've learned a lot. Sounds and looks like success to me! Lovely work.

Burda 9671