Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1755 (Strasburg Heirloom Collection)

Viewed 1938 times
Reviewed by:PhyllisC

About PhyllisCstarstarstarstar
MA USA
Member since: 8/2/02
Posted on:3/3/05 2:30 PM
Last Updated:3/4/05 9:22 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 34 people
See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes
calzone said... (4/1/05 12:02 PM) Reply
I think this gown looks incredibly delicate and fine. I wish there was a very close-up photo of the smocking. I'd love to see it! My grandmother used to hand-smock our dresses growing up. I'm sorry to say I never appreciated the work that went into it.
Mary Stiefer said... (3/21/05 1:58 PM) Reply
I'm sorry I didn't comment on this sooner. This is absolutely gorgeous. It is something that would cost an arm, a leg and a pint a blood anywhere else. What a beautiful job. You get my vote for this contest.
Elemenopeo said... (3/8/05 4:26 PM) Reply
Absolutely breathtaking work.
PhyllisC said... (3/4/05 2:54 PM) Reply
Eli - the Tosca Company (www.pleater.com) sells most brands. All pleaters pretty much look and operate the same way. They come in 16 row and 24 row sizes. The rows are the horizontal threads than run through the fabric and set the pleats. Rows are 1/2 inch apart - 24 rows is about one foot. I have a Martha Pullen 24 row pleater and it's the only one I've ever used, so I can't say which brand is better than others. Learning to pleat the fabric correctly is harder than doing the actual smocking! The needles are not straight - they're S-curved and they wrap around the pleater bars.
Eli said... (3/4/05 2:22 PM) Reply
Wow... very beautiful... Hoe do you choose a good pleater machine, what are the criteria? Are there good brands, etc.?
Janie Viers said... (3/4/05 1:25 PM) Reply
How much did you charge to make it? I am just wondering since I personally would have to charge about $ 150 to $200 just for labor!
Sew it seams said... (3/4/05 11:27 AM) Reply
That is absolutely *gorgeous* Phyllis. Beautiful, beautiful work.
Georgene said... (3/4/05 10:28 AM) Reply
That is soooo beautiful Phyllis. Lucky family to have this heirloom.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/4/05 10:22 AM) Reply
Phyllis, that is just beautiful!!! -Ann
Leslie in Austin said... (3/4/05 9:26 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous, Phyllis. What a stellar start for your business!
Jennifer shaw said... (3/3/05 6:36 PM) Reply
Wow, it sounds so incredible! A great review. I too, can't wait to see the pictures.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/3/05 3:06 PM) Reply
I've seen this in the construction phase, and it was impressive then. I can't wait to see the finished product! -Ann

Fanny Pack or Purse Paper Pattern