Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7975

Posted on:4/12/13 11:47 AM
Last Updated:8/8/13 10:59 AM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
ceejayem said... (2/1/14 10:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit and a thousand miles from matronly. I agree that the starting point of this pattern is staid, but you have achieved a wonderful close fit, and I love the shaping in the back. You wear this colour really well and the alterations to the neck and hem have also lifted the jacket.
Sew Good said... (12/17/13 0:56 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful and so much better than basic black! Great fabric choice
twinkle72 said... (9/6/13 12:53 PM) Reply
Wow! Love the colour. Looks so modern and fresh.
AuntieShel said... (8/13/13 11:23 AM) Reply
This jacket is just gorgeous and you look fabulous in it!! When I saw the pattern you used, I said, "Huh?" You did a fabulous job with a pattern you didn't care for, fits to a T!!!
Jstarr4250 said... (8/9/13 1:00 PM) Reply
Fresh, fun and gorgeous. The trim is especially pretty.
grays08 said... (8/9/13 12:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket that looks lovely on you. I agree, for jackets I love the cut and fit of Burda!
KensingtonCrab said... (8/9/13 10:59 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket!
thewall said... (8/8/13 9:25 PM) Reply
@sewme47 I don't like Big4 patterns in general for many reason. First, they add a lot of easy. Second, the body shape which they might use as prototype for their patterns is with large hips and bust and short torso. As a result, I make so many alterations using Big4 patterns that it takes me less time to draft my own pattern. Unfortunately, Big4 are not improving their standards and therefore I am not using them neither recommend them.
prttynpnk said... (8/8/13 2:50 PM) Reply
I just love how you've made this your own- gorgeous!
MNBarb said... (8/8/13 1:58 PM) Reply
You took a pattern that looks ho-hum matronly on the envelope and made it all bright and fun. What a success!
sewme47 said... (8/8/13 12:03 PM) Reply
I don't understand why you don't like this pattern, because your jacket is awesome! Please elaborate on why you think Vogue patterns are "not that great.".
carolynw said... (8/8/13 11:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - this pattern is one of my TNTs.
Amiejean said... (4/14/13 7:44 PM) Reply
Your jacket is very cute. As I read this review, and then your blog, I figured out you did not like the pattern, but yor jacket is adorable. The yellow is great. Thank you for your review.
ChristmasHills said... (4/13/13 11:57 PM) Reply
Your yellow jacket is just so summery and yes - youthful. It suits you so well. What a lovely job you did. I think it is a pity that your review here is very limited as you gave such a lot of fabulous information on your blog post.
Texahoma said... (4/12/13 12:16 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful, and looks like it fits you perfectly. I love your fabric!

The Technique of Underlining Garments