Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3248 (Drop Pocket Cardigan)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:4/12/13 1:38 PM
Last Updated:4/12/13 3:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
cherylz said... (9/10/13 11:35 PM) Reply
I like how you look in this cardi, and you did a great job with construction, color choice & accents, but I'm wondering if it looks nice because you're a size 4. Do you think the Jalie patterns work for people of all sizes? I'm tempted to try (size 14-16 and not fat!).
Alison Cummins said... (9/9/13 5:07 PM) Reply
Question: If I understand correctly, the whole front is double and then itís folded over again so the pocket area is four layers thick. Doesnít it feel unbalanced with the back being only a single layer?
sewsue1 said... (4/14/13 9:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! Seeing yours completed motivated me to get mine done this weekend. Love the bling and the contrasting panels.
ChristmasHills said... (4/13/13 10:26 PM) Reply
I. LOVE. THIS. I hope that emphasises how much I like this on you. You look very pleased also which tells me how much YOU like it. I am going to buy this pattern now, I too can think of a couple of people plus me would like to have a cardigan like this.
Silknmore said... (4/13/13 9:10 AM) Reply
Very cute sweater - love the colors. Just got the pattern yesterday.
Diane333 said... (4/13/13 9:04 AM) Reply
Thank you for an excellent review. I did not know about this pattern and I agree that Kwik Sew has lost it's edge.
Danvillegirl said... (4/13/13 8:51 AM) Reply
Cute!
JEF said... (4/13/13 6:53 AM) Reply
Very nice. Love your fabric choice and the bling!
2 Airedales n Me said... (4/13/13 3:31 AM) Reply
What a great cardigan - the drape of the pocket really sets it apart. The two fabrics you mixed work very well together too. Really looks sharp on you! (Like the shoulder embellishment)
petro said... (4/13/13 3:22 AM) Reply
What a great style! The turn back detail brings it right out of the 'another cardi' rut, and your idea to add the bling gives it an extra sparkle.
SewWil said... (4/12/13 9:00 PM) Reply
I like the color blocking a lot. This turned out great!
Amanda.Claire said... (4/12/13 8:21 PM) Reply
What a great looking cardi!
velosewer said... (4/12/13 7:44 PM) Reply
Wow. You've showcased this pattern so well. I bet sales of this pattern will skyrocket!
meggipeg said... (4/12/13 7:29 PM) Reply
This is a fantastic version of this cardi. I think I'll be searching out this pattern. Love the bling, I'd never have thought of using it but it's perfect.
julie w said... (4/12/13 6:01 PM) Reply
Love the colour blocking and the bling
Elke said... (4/12/13 5:54 PM) Reply
This cardigan is so pretty! You did a great job and I like the bling too!
Calama said... (4/12/13 5:39 PM) Reply
I love this! I had not seen this pattern before and it looks awesome.
Lanna said... (4/12/13 4:24 PM) Reply
This looks great ! I love the bling !
zoezmommy said... (4/12/13 4:10 PM) Reply
Inspiring. I wouldn't have thought of the contrast and it looks fabulous. Thanks for another great review.
Deepika said... (4/12/13 3:57 PM) Reply
Wow I was just admiring this pattern and came across your review. Its so sharp! I love it. And the blings on the shoulder are just the right accent.
quathy said... (4/12/13 3:08 PM) Reply
Very nice! I love the bling - nice addition!
grays08 said... (4/12/13 2:25 PM) Reply
Yours far outshines mine that I just uploaded! I love the contrast and bling on yours, definitely love it made out of a fabric that presses and lays better. Great job, I will definitely have to make this up again with a better fabric!

Favorite Things The Wrap Dress Pattern