Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2009-122 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

About Kbencostarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:4/13/13 5:48 AM

ChristmasHills said... (4/14/13 4:27 AM) Reply
I love the idea of your yummy silk petticoat! Great save and I agree with your feelings about the dress. Oh yes indeed we have all been there at some point.
Dianne22 said... (4/13/13 11:04 AM) Reply
God bless you for your wonderful sense of humor in an unhappy moment! Surely everyone has these misguided visions of beauty from time to time but most of us don't help others to get a better perspective of the disaster. Thank you and good save of the fabric.
madbadger said... (4/13/13 9:06 AM) Reply
Sometimes, they just look so good on the models, lol...good for you for at least salvaging some of it...for what it's worth, your detailed work on the sleeves was beautiful.
sandramary said... (4/13/13 8:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for the laugh! Good save though turning it into a petticoat, I am working on a Vogue dress that is sounding like it is going to have a similar outcome to your Burda!
yummymummy38 said... (4/13/13 6:44 AM) Reply
How disappointing! I know the feeling when we try something that should work for our figure, and this looked right for an hourglass, yet for some reason it doesn't look as stunning as we expect. I have a silk chiffon dress from BS (2008-02-107) which took me longer than a coat to sew, yet it is very frumpy... Could you salvage it as a top?