Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4596 (Misses lined jacket)

Reviewed by:ChrisK

About ChrisKstar
Member since: 2/28/04
Posted on:11/21/05 7:05 AM
Last Updated:3/8/05 3:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Sewliz said... (2/4/06 4:34 PM) Reply
Your jacket fits beautifully and I like the fabric for the style. I like the princess seams on this pattern and have been considering making it, but your notes on the perhaps minor drafting and instruction problems of this pattern I think I might try a similar Burda mag one instead. Thanks for a nice review.
Seamingly Simple said... (11/21/05 1:26 PM) Reply
The Kwik Sew 2896 pattern does not include a lining, so this McCall pattern would be a better choice for a loosely woven or scratchy fabric. I love the vertical seaming and your classic fabric choice.
SouthernStitch said... (3/9/05 3:20 PM) Reply
I really, really like this style, and may have to pick this one up. I especially like that it can be both lengths! Yours looks great.
MaryBeth said... (3/9/05 12:42 PM) Reply
Nice jacket style, ChrisK,
marjenann said... (3/9/05 7:16 AM) Reply
Very good looking jacket!!! Geat for any wardrobe!!!!
cindyann said... (3/9/05 7:15 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket.
AnneM said... (3/9/05 5:19 AM) Reply
Nice jacket; very smart looking. Good tip on your sleeve head solution.
PixieCat said... (3/9/05 4:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! It's very flattering on you.
PVA said... (3/8/05 10:39 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review -- I think your jacket is wonderful! I agree that the princess seams for jackets make it possible to really refine the fit. I'm sure you are going to enjoy this one!
Tiner W said... (3/8/05 9:06 PM) Reply
This is a great looking jacket!
Jennifer shaw said... (3/8/05 8:33 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket. Thanks for the review. What kind of fabric will you use for the next time?
KarenP said... (3/8/05 7:23 PM) Reply
This would be a good pattern for me to duplicate one of my beloved jackets - thanks for pointing it out! Your jacket looks great!
Hilary said... (3/8/05 5:05 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful! The zipper looks perfect-glad it finally worked out right! I have this pattern too, and have yet to try it. I appreciate the review!
Georgene said... (3/8/05 3:49 PM) Reply
Nice jacket! This pattern looks very versatile. Sounds like your fabric could have benefitted from block fusing before cutting. I hope you will give this pattern another go, now that you know how to put it together.

by: cleverkitt...